8k3a with bartons

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I need to upgrade my cpu soon and I was hoping to do it without upgrading the mobo at the same time. I like to upgrade in steps lol anyways I was wondering if anyone had tried using an epox 8k3a with the new bartons. The thing can be set to a fsb of 200mhz but I'm doubtful that it would be good at overclocking a barton, will the mobo run stable at a fsb of around 190? I can't have a new cpu and not overclock it.

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

svol

Champion
8K3A... that is the KT333 chipset right?

Well it would support the Barton... and I think a FSB of 180-190Mhz is reachable with enough northbridge cooling. the PCI bus gets only 38MHz at 190MHz so that shouldn't give any problems.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
yup kt333 I replaced that damned passive cooler with an old geforce 2 ti cooler. It's not copper but she should do for now. Thanks for the info

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!