Frame rate issues with FPS type games

Tauorca

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello everyone hopefully you can help me with my problem

the day to day running of my PC is fine but on certain games more and more as time goes on I'm seeing a huge drop in frame rate for no reason that I can find, I've updated all my divers that I can think of, reinstalled windows, updated my Bios. The problems is mainly on first person shooters that I can tell like Planet side 1 & 2, Arma 2, CS:GO, CoD: Black ops / Black ops 2 / MW3, which is the strange part as I don't see the drop in other games types like MMO, RTS ect, it also does it online and offline so I know it's not my internet connection ( Which is BT Infinity 2 50mb)

So after everything I've done I can only guess it's a hardware problem, my Specs of everything I can think of will follow at the end for compatibility to see if that's a problem ( I can't find one but you guys are the best at this :D) the only Hardware I can test is my GPU because I have three cards and it does the same thing
for each card so my only guess is it's another piece of hardware

Also the only thing I've found out was while this is happening on windows resource monitor my CPU's frequency drops until my frame rate returns to normal, but I've disabled the bios feature which lowers it as it's not needed, so my frequency is 100% constantly, but that changed nothing (EPU-4 Engine I think is the name) I've also used a hardware monitoring tool to see what my temps are, they don't go over 65c on full load with say Skyrim on Max settings with a bunch of graphical mods (but Skyrim runs fine on my PC)

PC Specs, I haven't over-clocked anything

CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-8120 Black Edition 3.10GHz Eight Core Processor
GPU: 1 GB Zotac Nvidia 550 AMP! Edition
Ram: 2x 4 GB Mushkin Essentials 991769-4GB PC3-10666 9-9-9-24 1.5
PSU: 650w Antec EarthWatts EA-650
MoBo: Asus M5A78L-m LX Version 2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 GB

Thank you for reading I hope you can help me with this issue and
hopefully it's just a part failing or not compatible

Tauorca

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Update guys: I've been searching for this for months and found nothing until now, if I go into bios and disable 4 of my cores (Tested with just 4) everythign runs fine, I'm doing alot of testing now to see if I can get the same effect with changing my affinity, I have both of the AMD multicore processor patches installed on my windows, does anyone know of any more ?

these are the two I have
KB2646060
KB2645594