Can someone Please tell me how to overclock my sys

Aniond

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Ok, here is the deal. I have a XP 1700+ When I go into BIOS, I changed the 'MHZ FREQUENCY' from 133 to 166 and My system was running at 1.9 so it was overclocking, But is that the correct way to do it? Because in the setting there are 3 diff ones, 100 - 133 - 166 , Normally its at 133 then when I put i at 166 it overclocks, but Is there a different way? Can it go faster? plz tell me... Would be greatly appreciated

I am currently in the Process of making a Site similiar to this one, I need members and Moderators etc.. If anyone is interested please email me at Lp76us14@hotmail.com Thanks

svol

Champion
Well it depends on which motherboard you have and which XP1700+ version (Palomino, T-bred A or T-bred B).

But what you did was increase was the FSB (CPU speed=FSB*multiplier)... as long as your memory and CPU can handle this 166MHz FSB is no problem.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

Aniond

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Well, my motherbboard is a Chaintech, comes with geforce 4 440 mx 128mb. my CPU is a AMD ATHLON XP 1700+ tbred, how do I know if its A or B?

I am currently in the Process of making a Site similiar to this one, I need members and Moderators etc.. If anyone is interested please email me at Lp76us14@hotmail.com Thanks

svol

Champion
Download WCPUID and look which number it gives you as model.
If it is 6 it is a Palomino
If it is 7 it is a T-bredA
If it is 8 it is a T-bredB

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

Aniond

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Ok, I found out now. Its a Athlon Xp 1700+ 'A', I used mycpu.exe its a great program. Ever use it before? How come my MHZ frequency only goes to 166? I dont get it..

svol

Champion
That depends on your motherboard and BIOS... and ofcourse chipset. Give me the exact motherboard number and I will take a look at the manual online and see if there is a way to get higher FSB speeds.