ZoneAlarm Password.

Hi all,
Newbie in here but hope a few of you can help me out please. I downloaded
the ZApro trial version And decided I want to check out the free version
again as I think it's fine for me.
My problem is my son set a password and didn't tell anyone he had done so,
or what it was. Now he can't remember what it is and it won't let me do
anything, I tried to uninstall and it asked for password.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Littlebhoybri

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

On Tue, 18 May 2004 07:29:24 +0100, "littlebhoybri" <asif@somewhere.com> wrote:

>My problem is my son set a password and didn't tell anyone he had done so,
>or what it was. Now he can't remember what it is and it won't let me do
>anything, I tried to uninstall and it asked for password.

[Please note that this will remove your program permissions and Local Zone ]
[settings, so you may want to make note of them. However, re-establishing ]
[them is a simple process - you will be prompted again for program access for]
[all the applications that you use to access the local network or Internet. ]

- Step 1. Open the ZoneAlarm program, go into the Overview Preferences tab and
turn off "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".

- Step 2. If you are running Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000, reboot your system
into either Safe Mode or to a Command Prompt. The method is determined by your
OS, but most systems will boot into safe mode by either pressing F8 at the beep
or holding the CTRL key during bootup. You should now have no ZoneAlarm
processes running on your system.

- Step 3. Open the Internet Logs directory (in 95/98/ME this will be
"C:\Windows\Internet Logs", in NT and 2000 it will be "C:\Winnt\Internet Logs",
in Windows XP it could be either of these folders), where you will find a file
named "iamdb.rdb" and a file named after your computer with the ".ldb"
extension. Delete both of these files. If "backup.rdb" exists, delete it also.

- Step 4. Make sure that you EMPTY your Recycle Bin BEFORE rebooting back into
normal mode.

- Step 5. You will need to start ZoneAlarm manually. (Click "Start," "Programs,"
"Zone Labs" and either "ZoneAlarm" or "Zone Labs Security"). ZoneAlarm will
start up again with a fresh database. Each program should ask for access again
if the files were properly deleted.

- Step 6. Be sure to RECHECK the "Load ZoneAlarm at startup".

--
dak