Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cheap gaming headset

Last response: in Video Games
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 4:49:55 AM

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a decent cheap gaming headset to use for my ps3. I have noticed that all gaming headsets for the ps3 seem to be a bit costly so I found a few adapters for a total of $5 that will allow any 2 3.5mm wire (mic and sound) headset to work on the ps3. I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations as to a decent cheap headset for less than $30(the cheaper the better), the ones I am looking at right now are:
1. Yapster Tm-YB100A - $16
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-T...

2. Creative Fatal1ty (I hear these are uncomfortable) - $20
 4_FRI%20date:111612" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.frys.com/product/5980424?site=sa:adpages%20p...

3. Syba CL-AUD63019 Red - $11
http://www.amazon.com/Syba-CL-AUD63019-Stereo-Headset-R...

Please don't suggest any headsets above $30 or ps3 specific headsets because I would like to be able to use the headsets on my computer as well. The ideal headset is decent quality, with a warranty, mic (kind of a given), and $10-25, Thanks.

More about : cheap gaming headset

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 10:23:12 AM

the fatality is a $70 heaset so at 20 bux is a bit of a bargain... as for being uncomfortable it depends on your head size and shape. even then it will be a few hours b4 you notice if there jipping your ears.
the other stuff is just garbage that will fall to bits within a few weeks. if you buy that cheap you will buy twice but with the fatality headset you will get a well made product with a backed up warranty. so yeah from them choices the fatality is the best and by some margin.
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 4:28:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, and do you also know if mic is of good quality? As for the warranty the Yapster comes with a 1 year warranty as well, which was part of my reasoning to consider it. and again thanks for the help, I had no idea that the Creative Fatal1ty was that great.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 4:36:47 PM

HEXiT said:
the fatality is a $70 heaset so at 20 bux is a bit of a bargain... as for being uncomfortable it depends on your head size and shape. even then it will be a few hours b4 you notice if there jipping your ears.
the other stuff is just garbage that will fall to bits within a few weeks. if you buy that cheap you will buy twice but with the fatality headset you will get a well made product with a backed up warranty. so yeah from them choices the fatality is the best and by some margin.

Never mind I did some more research and found that it is great in music and the mic is great, I am going to pick these up from Fry's and recommend it to my friend. Thank you very much, noted as best answer :) 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 4:36:55 PM

Best answer selected by bob hays.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2012 11:47:47 PM

its good not great... but way way better than the other 2 you mentioned.
m
l
!