Resistance reading with Multimeter?

myfootsmells

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
I've been having problems unlocking my Athlon XP 1600. When I use a multimeter to test resistance between the ground and the bridges I get .000 What number should I be getting?

kbear2569

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
I'm no expert, but from what I understand you should be getting a very high number, indicating increased resistance due to the cut bridge. Actually, some multimeters show "infinite" resistance. If the bridge was not cut, the resistance would be very low since the bridge is still intact and able to conduct a current. It sounds like your problem is you haven't cut the bridge yet since your multimeter is showing no resistance. Make sure the number you are reading is in "Ohms" of resistance.

XP1700 TBred-B @ 2.16G (166*13)
Noise Control Silverado HSF
ASUS A7N8X
2x256MB OCZ EL PC3500 DDR
ASUS GeForce3 Ti200
300 Watt PSU
45G IBM 7200
Windows XP Professional

svol

Champion
Which pin of the bridges are you testing... and which bridges.

Between the ground and the left row of pins of the L1 bridges should be a resistance of 150-250 Ohm if I remember correctly... the right row of bridges if not closed should be infinity. If you have unlocked correctly the resistance between the rows of pins should be around 0 Ohm and compared to the ground they should both be 150-250 Ohm.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: