Sign in with
Your question

HL2, Doom3 for Linux???

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2003 4:06:47 PM

Does anybody know if Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 are going to have a Linux version available, even if they arrrive later than the PC release? I would be a shame if not.

More about : hl2 doom3 linux

September 21, 2003 7:22:10 PM

That would be cool if there was a Linux standalone version of these games. If not, I guess one of the Windows-to-Linux ports will just have to make while.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 22, 2003 1:02:17 AM

I'm sure someone will do one of Doom III as Carmack loves OpenGL and so does linux.

HL2 is a directx 9 game (haven't heard anything about OpenGL for that one anyways), so if they have to do a full out OGL version, then it might never come. I'd hardly want to run that game via emulation either... ugh.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
Related resources
September 28, 2003 10:58:43 PM

Ya Gabe Newell confirmed that they will not be porting the game to Linux, however they will more than likely make a server for it.
September 29, 2003 3:50:47 AM

Oh please, ID! do not make a XBOX version of Doom3.
It causes them major delays.

<b><font color=purple>
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
</font color=purple></b>
---
<A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
MIT
</A>
October 4, 2003 11:31:11 PM

Well, now that the source is out, maybe someone can release an OpenGL linux port...

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
!