HL2, Doom3 for Linux???

Does anybody know if Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 are going to have a Linux version available, even if they arrrive later than the PC release? I would be a shame if not.
6 answers Last reply
More about doom3 linux
  1. That would be cool if there was a Linux standalone version of these games. If not, I guess one of the Windows-to-Linux ports will just have to make while.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
  2. I'm sure someone will do one of Doom III as Carmack loves OpenGL and so does linux.

HL2 is a directx 9 game (haven't heard anything about OpenGL for that one anyways), so if they have to do a full out OGL version, then it might never come. I'd hardly want to run that game via emulation either... ugh.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
  3. Ya Gabe Newell confirmed that they will not be porting the game to Linux, however they will more than likely make a server for it.
  4. Oh please, ID! do not make a XBOX version of Doom3.
    It causes them major delays.

<b><font color=purple>
    The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
    </font color=purple></b>
    ---
    <A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
    MIT
    </A>
  5. Well, now that the source is out, maybe someone can release an OpenGL linux port...

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
  6. How so?
Ask a new question

Read More

Linux Video Games