:-(

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final Fantasy
fans left out there? :-(

"paul.spooner3" wrote in message:
> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
> Fantasy
> fans left out there? :-(

I recently saw Final Fantasy X-2 being played. I feel rather nautious
calling myself a fan of the series now...

--
Darren Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:50:34 +0100, "Darren Grey"
<darrenjohngreyFAKE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"paul.spooner3" wrote in message:
>> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
>> Fantasy
>> fans left out there? :-(
>
>I recently saw Final Fantasy X-2 being played. I feel rather nautious
>calling myself a fan of the series now...

I'm still confident in the idea that FFX-2 has some of the best
gameplay of the series despite never having played it. A look at the
manual is enough.

Rob
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"

paul.spooner3 wrote:

> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final Fantasy
> fans left out there? :-(

I have FF3us on my PSP. Does that count?

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

Darren Grey wrote:
> "paul.spooner3" wrote in message:
> > Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
> > Fantasy
> > fans left out there? :-(
>
> I recently saw Final Fantasy X-2 being played. I feel rather nautious
> calling myself a fan of the series now...

I had the exact same reaction. I had trouble reconciling the hideous
spectacle before me with the games I loved not too long ago.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

The only reason i never post anything on here anymore, is because its
all spam, it irritates me. but if there are those out there still geeky
enough like me, to talk final fantasy and pretty much anything else,
drop a line...

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

I didn't like FFX-2 that much either but i've played 7-X and think they r
all amazing so let's try and clear X-2 from our minds...
So anyway, does anybody know how we can get rid of all the spammers?

"Rob Browning" <pluvius3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:50:34 +0100, "Darren Grey"
> <darrenjohngreyFAKE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"paul.spooner3" wrote in message:
>>> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
>>> Fantasy
>>> fans left out there? :-(
>>
>>I recently saw Final Fantasy X-2 being played. I feel rather nautious
>>calling myself a fan of the series now...
>
> I'm still confident in the idea that FFX-2 has some of the best
> gameplay of the series despite never having played it. A look at the
> manual is enough.

Actually, no, it's one of the worst. The real-time battle system makes
battles pretty insane (just hack and slash and hope for the best really)
plus the in-battle menu graphics are very stylised, making it quite
difficult to tell how low on hp or mp you are. Puzzles in the game are
rather basic but annoying, and it has an utterly horrible "jumping" system
in the game areas. You an change job easily enough, but I haven't seen any
way to spread abilities between jobs (so basically you're just swapping
characters around - no customisation of abilities or anything). In battle
the characters all move about a *lot*, but it makes zero difference to
tactics - just makes things more chaotic and varder to follow visually.
This is based on seeing a few hours of gameplay, so perhaps it somehow
improves later, but I somehow doubt it...

--
Darren Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:23:20 +0100, "Darren Grey"
<darrenjohngreyFAKE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Rob Browning" <pluvius3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:50:34 +0100, "Darren Grey"
>> <darrenjohngreyFAKE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>I recently saw Final Fantasy X-2 being played. I feel rather nautious
>>>calling myself a fan of the series now...
>>
>> I'm still confident in the idea that FFX-2 has some of the best
>> gameplay of the series despite never having played it. A look at the
>> manual is enough.
>
>Actually, no, it's one of the worst. The real-time battle system makes
>battles pretty insane (just hack and slash and hope for the best really)

http://www.reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=620

:D

Rob (That's probably the link I've posted most often to this NG)
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

FFX-2 isint that bad. I've recently played through and found out, that i
had the $hitty ending. But compared to the non existent ps2 rpgs
available at the time when ffx-2 came out, at least it was something to
play.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

I've heard that all FFX-2 is for is eye candy (with the three ladies),
and otherwise it was a horrible game.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Once upon a time paul.spooner3 decided to write:

> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
> Fantasy fans left out there? :-(

Yes.

--
Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

"paul.spooner3" <paul.spooner3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I didn't like FFX-2 that much either but i've played 7-X and think they r
> all amazing so let's try and clear X-2 from our minds...
> So anyway, does anybody know how we can get rid of all the spammers?

Try killfiling them for now.

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message
> paul.spooner3 wrote:
>
>> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
>> Fantasy
>> fans left out there? :-(
>
> I have FF3us on my PSP. Does that count?

Any others planned for PSP?

NeXuS wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>> I have FF3us on my PSP. Does that count?
>
> Any others planned for PSP?

None are, as far as I know. I'm using an emulator.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

> NeXuS wrote:
>
>> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>>
>>> I have FF3us on my PSP. Does that count?
>>
>> Any others planned for PSP?
>
> None are, as far as I know. I'm using an emulator.

SNES? How easy is it to get it running on there?

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:23:20 +0100, "Darren Grey"
> <darrenjohngreyFAKE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Actually, no, it's one of the worst. The real-time battle system makes
>>battles pretty insane (just hack and slash and hope for the best really)
>
> http://www.reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=620
>
> :D

Oh, I'm not saying it's *hard* - very easy from what I've seen. Just
confusing, and with quite minimal tactics/planning.

--
Grey

Darren Grey wrote:
> "Rob Browning" wrote
>> "Darren Grey" wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, no, it's one of the worst. The real-time battle system
>>> makes battles pretty insane (just hack and slash and hope for the
>>> best really)
>>
>> http://www.reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=620
>
> Oh, I'm not saying it's *hard* - very easy from what I've seen. Just
> confusing, and with quite minimal tactics/planning.

Truth be told, it's the only FF I have never owned (or played, for that
matter).

When it first came out it just seemed like a very blatant attempt by Square
to capture the teen age girl market that is still vastly untapped and
potentially very lucrative - whether that's true I honestly don't know, just
the impression I got at the time but I just could not bring myself to
purchase it.

Right now, in these times of drought, I'm more than happy to replay some old
snes, psx and pc favorites.

Chriz wrote:
> Once upon a time paul.spooner3 decided to write:
>
>> Someone reeeeally needs to revive this newsgroup. Any fellow Final
>> Fantasy fans left out there? :-(
>
> Yes.

Ha! He tricked you into answering a rethorical question.

But wait, wouldn't that make it a trick question then?..

Ummm......