Bf3 crash

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
I'M SICK OF THOSE GODDAMN CRASHES
no matter what i do i just can't solve it NEVER!
you have no idea how frustrating it is to spend hundreds of dollars on stuff that DOESN'T WORK!
the game can work smooth as butter but sometimes it'll freeze with no f*cking warning and crash. then i check and i see "you were kicked off the game" and that's it.
WHAT THE *** IS WRONG WITH THIS PC. this is my seventh thread about this game and problems just keeps poping up.
specs:
fx-4100 4.2
1gb 6850
8gb ram
550 psu
HELP. PLEASE.

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, my friend had problem like yours and the problem has he sad was Realtek I don't know is it true but i am advising you check in internet for this problem i think there is many gamers like you who can't play good game Good luck!

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I had a freezing locking problem before and it turned out to be MSI afterburner and punkbuster conflicting. have you tried joining servers that don't have punkbuster running?

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
even if joining a non-PB server will help, it's no fix. i need a permanent fix. also this occurs seldom but it is still annoying. also searching the web isn't a very helpful solution 'cuz i already tried that.if anyone could give me a solution it'll be great.

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

so have you actually tried a non punkbuster server? I'm only saying this as if playing BF3 on a non-PB server gives you no crashes you can narrow down your search to punkbuster issues, it doesn't mean that you don't look for a solution and play on non-PB forever.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
oh i'm so sorry... i will play on non-PB servers but i must inform you: those crashes happen not so often. actually, not often at all. i get it *mostly* on armored kill servers, and even there it's not that often. i think waiting it to happen on a non-PB server will take ages. but let's assume you are right, and it is a PB problem, what would you have me do?
thanks for the replies btw.

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
it would narrow down your search. instead of saying 'BF3 is crashing" you can say/think 'PB is interfering with another program and crashing'. it may seem far off but it worked for me. I had an on/off issue with BF3 crashing, although it sounds like mine were more frequent as they occurred every 2 or so hours. I tried playing on non-punkbuster servers, as well as ranked vs unranked and I found that it was only PB servers I had the crashes with. googling my issue with the word "punkbuster" in brought me to a fix for me a lot quicker than if I'd been stabbing in the dark. I was just thinking maybe following the same logic would bring you closer to a fix like it did with me.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
thanks dude!
i also contacted origin live help (more helpful than they sound) have brought up a solution for me as well. i told them it was a PB problem and they fixed it.
thank you! you have my best answer!

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
OK so the problem still remains, i'm pissed as ***, i can't found an answer, and origin's live help is unavailable. i'm sick of those motherfucking problems. whenever i fix one, another one occurs, AND IT DOESN'T STOP. please someone help, please!!!!

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

you're still getting kicked from the game? stop team killing people! =D

sorry, I just had to! what happens when you play singleplayer? any errors there? how about other games on Origin if you have any?