I've just built my first system;
AthlonXP 2500+(barton)
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
512 PC 3200 Corsair XMS low latency twin pack
FIC Radeon 9700 pro
Vantec aeroflow heatsink and fan
Thermaltake Xaser II 6000 case with 420 w power supply
Windows XP home
Anyway,question is, how exactly do I overclock the Processor? I know I have enough cooling and power available
I'm just unsure which things i'm supposed to tweak in the BIOS. Also, any links to a good general overclocking guide so I can understand the lingo.
Thanx,
Rixblix

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
check out tom's guide involving OCing the Barton cores - you gotta connect some pins with some copper wiring - anyways, its in the "how to's"

<b>When someone sells you a computer with an ECS mobo, they're ripping you off - when someone sells you a system with no case fan, they're just an idiot</b>

svol

Champion
I think your CPU is unlocked and otherwise you need to do the wire trick THG shows.

If it is unlocked first slowly start increasing the FSB and keep the CPU speed around the default speed with the multiplier. Do this till you reach the max FSB speed your motherboard and CPU will run stable at. After that start increasing the multiplier till you reach the maximum CPU speed your CPU will support. You can test CPU stability with a program called Prime95. If your CPU doesn't run stable at a higher speed but isn't runnign very hot you can try if increasing the VCore a little helps the CPU to run stable.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Barton XP2500+ doesn't need the wire trick! Already has low multipliers set because of its default 11x.

Just raise the FSB to overclock. If you get to 200 Mhz FSB then you might need to increase the multiplier.

12.5 x 200 would be good for 2.5 Ghz which I don't think Barton XP2500+ can do so no mods are necessary.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>