Black Screen

skai46

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hey guys, I'm having a problem when trying to play two of my games. These problems seem to be fairly common with a lot of people complaining on different forums but I can't find a solution for the life of me.

When trying to run Star Wars: Battlefront II (off of Steam) or Star Wars The Old Republic, all I get is a black screen. Audio works fine, it's just video. On BFII I can alt+tab to the desktop although on SWTOR it's just stuck there. Any other games work fine, it's just these two. Also, both games have worked perfectly fine up till a few months ago.

I tried reinstalling both games and updated DirectX for BFII, checked my video drivers and they all seem to be up-to-date. Also updated my BIOS and .NET framework to the latest versions.

Here's my PC specs:

Windows 7 SP 1
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6650M 2GB VRAM
6 GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
:O
bummer. I'm not sure what it could be, especially if it was working fine earlier on. SOMETHING HAS to have happened for them to stop working, it wouldn't have randomly stopped working. Also, I'm pretty positive it's not a coincidence that JUST the Star Wars games don't work...