Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
I have a geforce 3 ti 200 that has been giving me some problems lately. When I am playing a 3d intensive game, the video "skips"- I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but if there is sound in the game, the sound will pop or skip, and the video will sort of jolt- it will do this about every two seconds. I thought it could be my sound, so I disabled it, but it did not alleviate the problem. Also, this only happens with 3d games, such as red faction 2 or Raven Shield- with games like Warcraft 3 or Simcity 4 this is not a problem. I had it overclocked, but I reduced it back to stock because I thought this could be the problem. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me, sorry for the length of the post!

(By the way- I have the most recent nvidia drivers and all settings are optimized for performance as opposed to quality- I also have the problem when running 3dmark2001)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by codinerx on 04/21/03 06:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

svol

Champion
I got similair problems when I was overclocking very high.

There are three explanations for this:
1. Your GPU is clocked to high (when overclocked)
2. Your GPU gets to hot
3. Your GPU needs more voltage (can only be solved with voltage mod and only occurs when overclocking).

So if you still have this problem at stock speed then I think it is due to overheating.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

umheint0

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
It could also be inadequate RAM or background programs. Lots of times for me, if the video stutters, it's because the hard drive is running a lot. Make sure you have everything closed down, and defragment your hard drive.

XP 2500+ Barton @ 198x11.5@1.85v
Thermalright SLK-800
Thermaltake Smartfan II
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
BBA 9700 Pro AIW
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Soundstorm