GTA 5 for consoles only?? =[

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Just wondering if the GTA 5 would be released on pc? I just read a few articles saying its only confirmed on 360 and ps3. It would be a huge disappointment if it wasnt. I do own a ps3 so i can easily purchase it on that, but i was looking forward to the game being on PC, it would of been awesome seeing the massive graphical difference between gta4 and hopefully would be coded better than gta 4. Would loved to have tested my desktops capability of running GTA5 which i assume would of also been much more both graphics and cpu demanding, running directx11 as appose to directx 9 found on gta4.

Solution
its gonna be odd if its not on pc because the videos i saw were dx11 full on hbao and ssao which the consoles cant do. gfx wise they are much better than the last game so i cant see it not being on pc.
just look at the promo stuff. the screen shots are 1080p and have full msaa. gta 4 couldn't even manage x2 fsaa to me lit looks like the game may well be already on pc but is gonna get ported to console then back to pc which is a big problem because thats what caused the poor perfomance last time round.
The PC version has not been yet announced, though odds are they will do one eventually, though expect a six month delay for the PC version like all Rock Star titles (aside from Max Payne 3). Whether GTA V will support DX11 or not be a horrible mess of a port like GTA IV was is still up in the air.

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Cheers for the responses, but dont you reckon game developers like rockstar would improve their coding of its game from gta4, and hopefully utilize its resources better (hopefully utilize 6 core cpus). But yea i can understand how gta4 was terrible, having bought a high performing graphics card 4 years after the release of the game, just to play it on max settings with graphics equivilant to that of a 2007 title.

However i got high hopes for gta5,since its based on san andreas(favourite game of all time), i was hoping to get the best gaming experience possible, which meant getting it on PC. From my memory GTA4 already maxed out the consoles hardware capabilities, so gta5 wont be much of a difference in terms of graphics on console platforms.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Nope. It's a port-job. It's all about getting quick purchases, and GTA IV sold a lot of copies.

its gonna be odd if its not on pc because the videos i saw were dx11 full on hbao and ssao which the consoles cant do. gfx wise they are much better than the last game so i cant see it not being on pc.
just look at the promo stuff. the screen shots are 1080p and have full msaa. gta 4 couldn't even manage x2 fsaa to me lit looks like the game may well be already on pc but is gonna get ported to console then back to pc which is a big problem because thats what caused the poor perfomance last time round.

Solution

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
I already finished sleeping dogs, its a good game but doesnt feel like a gta type game if you know what i mean, feels more like saints row 3. Hopefully it doesnt take 6 to 12 months to be released on pc, that would suck, rather just get it on ps3, ill get it on pc later if it does take a while to come out.