Temperature problem..........!

andy75

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2002
I've got a P4 2.5 , Mobo Abit Be7,the fan is COOLER MASTER DI4-8KD3B-0L Silent P4 2.XGHZ.
Beacause th temperature was too high(60 with the Cpu working at 100 % ) i decided too add two 8x8 fans in the case and now the temperature is 55/57 instead of 60.(still too high imo)
(meanwhile I checked with a friend and all the fans r clean and properly working)
At the same time i noticed that as soon as i turn on the computer the temperarture is already 45/42.....!!!!!How....?
I heard as well people complaining about Abit Mobo not reading the temperature in the right way...
Well...now i'm a bit confused....and i like to ask you 2 questions(they might be silly but i'm just a beginner....and i need help)

1) Could it be the Mobo reading the temperature not correcly?
2)If it's not a Mobo problem what can i do to have a lower temperature?...cange the main fan?

I'm new at this forum so I hope u can help me!!
Thanks.

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
that looks like an all aluminum heatsink, which is bound to produce high temperatures on today's 2Ghz+ processors. i once bought one of those coolermaster heatsinks for a willamette i had - BIGGEST mistake ever, my temps were getting into the 70s and actually causing lockups. a new heatsink/fan combination will solve your problems - i suggest a volcano 7+ as a cheap solution, that's what i did and my load temps went down into the 46C range with the willamette. that heatsink/fan will run you about $35 US dollars

it is ALSO possible that your abit board is reading temperatures incorrectly. i've heard a lot about the Abits reading 10C higher than they really are, but faulty temperature readings can happen with just about any board. however, knowing how crappy those coolermaster fans are, i'd say the hsf unit probably IS the culprit

<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=120&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide</A>
<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=145&dPage=1" target="_new">WinXP tweak guide 2</A>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
well like ltblue said, most likely a f#ckup with the abit mobo's temp monitor - I suggest you go download motherboard monitor 5 and get so good readings before thinkin about buyin a new heatsink or any more fans

<b>I'm
just
taking
up
space.

Heheheh, and you thought I was done</b>