Can this setup run planetside 2?

Lukyno554

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Im not sure that we are seeing the same PC .....when was PC like that low end ?

Hi :)

The PC isn't low end, the GRAPHICS card is...we sell them in my shops for under £100 in the UK....

I will give you an example, we built a custom gamers machine for a customer last week, and the graphics card cost MORE than that whole machine...

The general rule we give a customer, is to spend between 25 and 33% of the TOTAL budget OF THE MACHINE on the card ALONE...

All the best Brett :)

cranachan

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Thats classic, a terrible processor (8 cores are only good for heavy-threaded apps such as photoshop or rendering), far too much RAM (never really need more than 8gb) not to mention at 1333mhz its slow as hell. 1000GB? Fancy way of saying 1TB.

As for the graphics, it could play it low-med at 1600x900, any higher and the 1GB vram wouldn't be able to cut high-res textures, making games such as skyrim crysis etc unplayable.

Lukyno554

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Oh yeah youre right :) sorry didnt check the actual card ...thanks for info

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
650 is mid to low end.
There are the 630s and 640s which are the true low end.

However, as Brett stated above, the PC is nice, quite high end, being configured right, that AMD machine can work extremely well on games. HOWEVER, and again, as Brett stated, your 'gaming' PC is weak in the Graphics department.

Now, I dont know, why the hell sell a system as a 'gaming' PC with that crappy card.
Look, there a YouTuber, lvlcapgaming, which tried the beta, and he runs an i5 2500k with a HD7870 (which is like the 660Ti for you nVidia kids) and he gets about 14fps in large, near 100-people battles. Most of the time however, at max detail, their frames are about 100 or more per sec. It drops to near 20 in VERY extreme situations, and I cant stress enough the 'extreme'.

Now, considering you try to run a 650, which is quite quite inferior, you probably should run it medium at 1600x900, and it will still lag in large battles. Mainly because of the tiny memory interface and the lack of memory for the huge maps and lots of textures.

Hope it helps.