Hmm... AGFF has slowed down...

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998 and
1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of activity
(according to Google's archive at least).

It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or anyone
else from that time period still post here?

Laters,

Hiro Lunar

Spot (HL) wrote:

> I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
> memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998 and
> 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of activity
> (according to Google's archive at least).
>
> It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or anyone
> else from that time period still post here?

Everyone is waiting for the release of a good Final Fantasy game....

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
> Spot (HL) wrote:
>
> > I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
> > memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998 and
> > 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of activity
> > (according to Google's archive at least).
> >
> > It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or anyone
> > else from that time period still post here?
>
> Everyone is waiting for the release of a good Final Fantasy game....

That's all over with, you know.

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

Spot (HL) wrote:
> I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
> memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998 and
> 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of activity
> (according to Google's archive at least).
>
> It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or anyone
> else from that time period still post here?

Mistakefka was cool, I don't remember Tetsuya, the other two you
mentioned fall into the "good riddance" category.

Mondo wrote:
> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>> Spot (HL) wrote:
>>
>>> I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
>>> memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998
>>> and 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of
>>> activity (according to Google's archive at least).
>>>
>>> It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or
>>> anyone else from that time period still post here?
>>
>> Everyone is waiting for the release of a good Final Fantasy game....
>
> That's all over with, you know.

Look at any group. They are all dying. Everyone now-a-days needs to have
pictures and java to have a good chat. Blogs and livejournals are the
mainstay now. People today are too retarded to find usenet.

Ryan

Mondo wrote:
> Spot (HL) wrote:
>> I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
>> memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998
>> and 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of
>> activity (according to Google's archive at least).
>>
>> It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or
>> anyone else from that time period still post here?
>
> Mistakefka was cool, I don't remember Tetsuya, the other two you
> mentioned fall into the "good riddance" category.

You know you miss SG as much as the rest of us?

Ryan

avenger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 2005-08-16 21:50:34 -0300, "DarkSheer" <rdettl@______dundee.net> said:

> Mondo wrote:
>> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

>>> Everyone is waiting for the release of a good Final Fantasy game....
>>
>> That's all over with, you know.
>
> Look at any group. They are all dying. Everyone now-a-days needs to
> have pictures and java to have a good chat. Blogs and livejournals are
> the mainstay now. People today are too retarded to find usenet.

Livejournals are the perfect medium for the retarded!

Forums are where it's at. Nice threading features, user information, etc.

- Avenger

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

Avenger wrote:

> Forums are where it's at. Nice threading features, user information, etc.

I can think of a web forum that's "where it's at" if one is inclined to
pine for the fruity glory days of FFAG (tee hee).

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

DarkSheer wrote:
> Mondo wrote:
> > Spot (HL) wrote:
> >> I never thought I'd come back here, but this place brings back
> >> memories...looking at my past posts, I guess I was here during 1998
> >> and 1999, right when AGFF was seemingly at its peak in terms of
> >> activity (according to Google's archive at least).
> >>
> >> It's a long shot, but do Kaufman/Animeg/MistaKefka/Tetsuya 0 or
> >> anyone else from that time period still post here?
> >
> > Mistakefka was cool, I don't remember Tetsuya, the other two you
> > mentioned fall into the "good riddance" category.
>
> You know you miss SG as much as the rest of us?

I spanked her off AIM two years ago and chased her away. It was jolly
well done! I don't know why she felt compelled to keep trying to
establish contact with me; she must have been masochistically addicted
to verbal abuse or something.

avenger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 2005-08-19 19:41:30 -0300, "Mondo" <oxiborick@lycos.com> said:

>> Forums are where it's at. Nice threading features, user information, etc.
>
> I can think of a web forum that's "where it's at" if one is inclined to
> pine for the fruity glory days of FFAG (tee hee).

Lucky you. I didn't think you swung that way. Fortunately I don't, so
I don't have to worry about finding such a forum.

- Avenger

Mondo

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

Rob Browning wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2005 15:43:04 -0700, "Mondo" <oxiborick@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >well done! I don't know why she felt compelled to keep trying to
> >establish contact with me; she must have been masochistically addicted
> >to verbal abuse or something.
>
> If you ever hung out on the IRC channel (irc.esper.net #ramenjunkie
> YEY) for an extended period of time, you'd know this to be true for a
> fact.

hey how come you no like black folk?

Mondo wrote:
> Rob Browning wrote:
>> On 19 Aug 2005 15:43:04 -0700, "Mondo" <oxiborick@lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>>> well done! I don't know why she felt compelled to keep trying to
>>> establish contact with me; she must have been masochistically
>>> addicted to verbal abuse or something.
>>
>> If you ever hung out on the IRC channel (irc.esper.net #ramenjunkie
>> YEY) for an extended period of time, you'd know this to be true for a
>> fact.
>
> hey how come you no like black folk?

Or womenz.

Ryan

Mondo wrote:
> Funkidelic wrote:
>> I don't post here anymore.
>
> Do you have the corporate spirit, Funkidelic?

Obviously not.

Ryan