Internet sharing problem with Kerio...

Last response: in Networking
May 19, 2004 12:09:23 AM

Hello all.

I have lan with 20 client computers and one Win 2000 Advanced server.
I configured DNS, DHCP and domain controller (Active directory) on
windows 2000 server. it connects to internet by using ADSL. Internet
sharing is NAT with Kerio firewall.
The problem is

If client computers DNS is local domain controller then client not
connected to internet.

if client computers DNS is ADSL domain controller then client
connected to internet but couldn't find other client computers.

please help me! how to configure kerio firewall and i want to connect
to internet by using local domain controller?
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:45:40 AM

Enkhbat said in news:b0d35de.0405181909.32ea61ab@posting.google.com:
> Hello all.
>
> I have lan with 20 client computers and one Win 2000 Advanced server.
> I configured DNS, DHCP and domain controller (Active directory) on
> windows 2000 server. it connects to internet by using ADSL. Internet
> sharing is NAT with Kerio firewall.
> The problem is
>
> If client computers DNS is local domain controller then client not
> connected to internet.
>
> if client computers DNS is ADSL domain controller then client
> connected to internet but couldn't find other client computers.
>
> please help me! how to configure kerio firewall and i want to connect
> to internet by using local domain controller?

Sounds more like a problem with your DNS server not passing the requests
up to the next DNS server (i.e., to your ISP), or it cannot get through
your firewall. I'm no DNS admin so hopefully someone chips in that
knows how to ensure your DNS server passes on requests to an upstream
DNS server.

What happens if you configure the client host to use multiple DNS
servers (static IP addresses for them instead of using those provided by
DHCP)? You could list both your DNS server and your ISP's DNS server.
Would that work (for now)?

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.