Looking for some opinions on P4 heatsink/fan

fireflayer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
Alright, first off I'm going to be doing some overclocking. For heatsinks I was thinking of the Swiftech MCX4000 or Alpha PAL8942. On the MCX4000 apparently you can use 92mm fans as well, but I wasn't all that clear as to how the mounting works. Is there any real disadvantage to going 92mm with the MCX4000?

If I use the MCX4000, will the Sanyo Denki 92x30mm work (being that it's 5mm deeper)? This seemed to me to be one of the best 92mm ones out there (51cfm @ 35dBA). Now, if I get a 80mm one I'm not really sure what to get. Do the Panaflo high speed one's put out enough CFMs to be used on a decently overclocked processor? The fans from Sunon in the 80mm range seem to be alright to me, but suggestions are greatly apprecieted.

So basically, if anyone can offer some opinions on which of the heatsinks I should get and which fan to get (I'm not looking for near-silent, but non-annoying would be helpful). Also is the weight of either sinksink likely to become a problem? They seem to be quite a bit over Intel's spec.

Take a look at the Vantec Aeroflow, its working great for me and not loud at all.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>