Sign in with
Your question

Skyrim horrible graphics and lag

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2012 9:32:41 AM

i downloaded skyrim recently and i was really excited to play it but i was let down horribly... As soon as the you're into the actual game (including cutscenes), all you can see is abstract shapes of grey, black, etc of rectangular or trapezium or triangular form (no exaggeration). what can I do to fix it? it's already in the lowest quality! the sound is fine though!
November 24, 2012 10:01:52 AM

i downloaded skyrim recently and i was really excited to play it but i was let down horribly... As soon as the you're into the actual game (including cutscenes), all you can see is abstract shapes of grey, black, etc of rectangular or trapezium or triangular form (no exaggeration). what can I do to fix it? it's already in the lowest quality! the sound is fine though!

i found out that my computor's resolution is a 'mobile intel(R) 4 series express chipset family' or in other words ' intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD'. it's pretty crap but would it support skyrim?
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:08:48 AM

No, that does not come close to skyrims minimum requirements. YOu need a discreet graphics card to even run it properly.
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2012 10:19:24 AM

Novuake said:
No, that does not come close to skyrims minimum requirements. YOu need a discreet graphics card to even run it properly.

so, there's no way of playing skyrim on this computer then? is there any hope in installing something to make the graphics better or like changing the fps?
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:21:46 AM

Well I am assuming it is a laptop right? You can't instal I graphics card in most laptops unfortunately.
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:27:13 AM

Novuake said:
Well I am assuming it is a laptop right? You can't instal I graphics card in most laptops unfortunately.

awww...shucks!:@@@@@@@@@@

thanks though :) 
m
l
November 24, 2012 1:34:48 PM

Sorry. But saved up for a desktop. Much better for gaming.
m
l
!