Annoying lines down left side of the screen dosent let me play

thunderheck

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Ughhhhh.... had this for a while now i havent found a way to fix this it dint bother me at first but i bought alot of games from steam i downloaded them and they dont work and it is annoying because i payed for them and i want to play them!!!!!!. hopefully there is a video below showing what happens unfortuantly there no error reports. This problem isnt isolated to steam i have had it on games from a disc.

[flash=320,240]http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/user/Thunderheck/media/IMG_1453_zps2a330ee1.mp4.html[/flash]

Here is my specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Hewlett-Packard p6-2260ea

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics (2108 MB)

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

BIOS Version/Date AMI 7.12, 07/06/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.89 GB

Available Physical Memory 3.19 GB

Total Virtual Memory 11.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory 8.39 GB

Page File Space 5.89 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Thank you...

thunderheck

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Sorry i have to bump the video dint show up so i have to put a picture on instead.

Untitled.png
[/img]

im sorry its very blurry but i took it with a ipod camera. basically i get these lines and they flash up and down the screen and i cant play games

under two hours and you are stroppy about no-one helping you. FFS.

Its either your GPU your Cable or your monitor.

Are you using VGA or DVI cable?

Swap ports (on gpu and monitor if you can), swap cables, does it do the same on a different monitor.

Whole bunch of simple questions that will pin down the problem to one of those three.

thunderheck

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I'm sorry but im a bit of a newb at displays and stuff like that. Im using dvi i couldnt find another dvi cable so i used dvi to hdmi i had that threw up the same error i tried it on the other ports and the same error came up. About three months ago this started to happend it was fine before i could play tf2 without lag.