OverClocking a 2200+ on an Epox 8K7A+ ???

Arcnite

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2003
I have an Epox8K7A+ (266 bus) and just upgraded to an AMDXP2200+ (TB with 266 Bus) According to the recommended processor list for my board, the XP2200+ is the highest my board can handle. Given this, I was wondering if it would be possible to still overclock the processor. I have a Volcano9 heatsink with Artic Silver grease attached to the CPU. Also, my case is well ventilated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

gordonfreemman

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
nuh,you can update ur bios,if it si still not working, u'd better give up the momboard.actually, u can, but the momboard won't reconganise the cpu properly, so u' better give up the mom, and u can buy a nforce 2!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gordonfreemman on 05/01/03 01:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it depends on if your fsb will go higher than currently, you clock multiplier wis changable & what voltages you have to play wi in the BIOS... oh and good memory & cooling... for newer systems, a fixed AGP & PCI bus is preferential... newer cards are much mroe sensitive to oc'ing...

my old Epox 8KHA+ (KT266a) with 1.2Tb would fsb up to 145 happily with a 60mm delta cooler on... didnt try for 150 'cause I accidentally killed it with a new heatsink...

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...

svol

Champion
Oh yes you can still OC it... but your board might not support very high mulitpliers if the CPU is unlocked and you will have a limited FSB. But that doesn't mean you can try to get the max out of your mobo and CPU.

And for not recognizing it correctly (aka giving it its performance name)... it doesn't matter as long as it works with the higher CPU speed.

My XP1600+ at 1750MHz is also not recognized as XP2100+... but it runs perfect at 167*10.5.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: