help with sygate.

The sygate web security scan has exsposed various vulnerabilities with
port numbers. Trouble is i didnt see any advice about how a big dummy
can close them.Any help appreciated.

joe

In article <6c6dc072121f49fe369846a5e7a091a3@news.teranews.com>, the-
president@prayer.co.uk says...
> The sygate web security scan has exsposed various vulnerabilities with
> port numbers. Trouble is i didnt see any advice about how a big dummy
> can close them.Any help appreciated.
>
> joe

If your sure that the scan is scanning your ip address and not your isp then
try further scans here...,,,
http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
If you click on the vulnerable ports after the scan it will give you
detailed info on how to close.
You may also want to check out these free utilities to close certain
vulnerable ports that may be shown as open if you use XP/2000
http://grc.com/freepopular.htm
Particularly shoot the messenger,unplug n pray , decombulator.
me

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:10:12 +0100, bassbag
<bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales> wrote:

>In article <6c6dc072121f49fe369846a5e7a091a3@news.teranews.com>, the-
>president@prayer.co.uk says...
>> The sygate web security scan has exsposed various vulnerabilities with
>> port numbers. Trouble is i didnt see any advice about how a big dummy
>> can close them.Any help appreciated.
>>
>> joe
>>
>If your sure that the scan is scanning your ip address and not your isp then
>try further scans here...,,,
>http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
>If you click on the vulnerable ports after the scan it will give you
>detailed info on how to close.
>You may also want to check out these free utilities to close certain
>vulnerable ports that may be shown as open if you use XP/2000
>http://grc.com/freepopular.htm
>Particularly shoot the messenger,unplug n pray , decombulator.
>me

Many thanks bassbag,I will do battle with the above this evening.