I'll try to be brief :)

my setup in progress:

amd 2500 barton on a7n8x deluxe
corsair twin xms 512
maxtor 80G 7200 rpm 8MB 133
geforce ti4200 (asus)
plextor 42x CDRW
case: antec SLK 2600

i don't plan to overclock for quite some time, as i am fairly new to the concept, and don't think it will be necessary. according to tom's, the bundled hsf for the athlon will most likely be sufficient. for the case fan, do i need to do anything special, or settle for something low-cost. at this point, i've read as much as i can find about the antec, but still unsure about its ventilation. i would appreciate any suggestions. i am still waiting for key parts to arrive, so assembly has not begun. thanks

Auburn9698

Champion
For the case, one fan in front and one or two in back is usually sufficient. Not sure what that case comes with. Most fans are inexpensive. Extra-quiet ones will cost a little bit more. A good power supply will have one in the bottom and one in the back.

<A HREF="http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23794.pdf" target="_new">AMD Case Cooling Guide</A>

Try page 16. (The page number at the bottom, not Adobe's page number)

<font color=red>Breaking News:</font color=red> God expelled from Netherlands; not good enough. Details to come.
War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 05/01/03 11:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS