PC Game Deals. How did you fair?

MicroStutter

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
So this was my first holiday shopping season owning a gaming PC and I must say I was like a kid in a candy store. Who knew PC gamers had it so good when it comes to discounted games.

BF3 Premium Edition $25 Bestbuy-Store-Savings $35
Saints Row 3 $10 Amazon-Digital-Savings $30
Dishonored $25 Amazon-Digital-Savings $35
Total War Shogun 2 $15 Greenmangaming-Digital-Savings $25
Spec Ops The Line $6 Greenmangaming-Digital-Savings $24
Sleeping Dogs $14 Greenmangaming-Digital-Savings $46
The Witcher $2.50 Steam-Digital-Savings $7.50
Hitman: Absolution Professional $45 Steam-Digital-Savings $15
Hitman: Blood Money Free Steam-Digital-Savings $10
Hitman: Silent Assassin Free Steam-Digital-Savings $10
Hitman: Codename 47 Free Steam-Digital-Savings $10
Metro 2033 $2.50 Steam-Digital-Savings $17.50
Planetside 2 Free Steam-Digital-Savings Priceless ;)

Total(Sales): $145, Total(Retail): $410, Total(Savings): $265 (Merry Christmas)

I love PC gaming these savings are unheard of on the consoles. Of course there is still Cyber Monday, however I believe I have to call it quits the wife won't authorize another purchase I am sure.

How did everyone else make out?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

They're all the same. They all put most games in the store at least 50% off, and rotate popular titles and indie hits through at 75% off. Although I do like the fact that the summer sale is 2 weeks long.

OP, you got some great games, and it's good to see that you watched GMG's site. Their deals recently have been significantly better than Steam's, and the majority of their games are in fact Steam keys. Grats.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I didn't have much money. I just bought BF3 for $12 from Origin. I completely forgot to check Steam. I didn't have a gaming PC last Black Friday so it didn't occur to me.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
The best deal of the entire Autumn sale is on Steam right now imo. $9.99 for Torchlight 2? That is ridiculous for the amount of replayability and fun that game has to offer.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

thx for the heads up, im gnna get that one. all i got so far was both skyrim dlcs and the original max payne games for $16.22.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

Torchlight 2 @ $20 is already a great deal though. :D

Unfortunatelly i have so little time and so many great games, that i have already 3 years covered in gaming:

Stracraft II when friends are online,
Tribes Ascend whenever i want to relax,
Baldurs Gate Trilogy when its raining outside,
Starcraft Broodwar when i want to get hyped,
F.E.A.R 1+expansions/Amnesia the dark descent when i want to get scared ( FOr example while in bed ).
Oblivion and skyrim when ill have like 400 hours to burn,

And random games i want to finish:

Just Cause with 100% destruction,
Make my own campaign in crysis 1 with the mods out there to make it look better,
Finish Mass effect 1 2 3 with full renegade femshep,
And im quite sure im forgeting about 50% more...

I think, with about 3 weekends free time (and this is pre-girlfriend) each month, i got enought games to play till 2014 :D.