Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Assassin's creed III lags but computer reaches minimum requirements

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 25, 2012 12:40:39 PM

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum :)  .

Can someone help me out with my problem. My computer lags in AC 3 although my computer reaches minimum requirements.

It shows that my computer is constantly using even when I'm not running anything about 40-50% of ram and 2% cpu. When playing my RAM usage goes to 66% but cpu goes to 100.



here is a picture

Thank you :) 
November 25, 2012 12:48:20 PM

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the game only lags when I am outside where there's alot of people and house in the distance etc. It doesn't lag if I am somehwere inside
November 25, 2012 12:48:54 PM

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the game only lags when I am outside where there's alot of people and house in the distance etc. It doesn't lag if I am somehwere inside
Related resources
November 25, 2012 1:22:51 PM

whats your specs? try reducing some of the settings down
November 25, 2012 1:28:19 PM

Both your RAM and video card configuration meet the minimum requirements. But for a game like that you're better off upgrading your RAM to 6 or 8GB. Also, your video card is okay, but you can get a better budget card like ATI HD 6770 and it will work flawlessly.
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2012 1:55:16 PM

Meeting the minimum specc only says that you will be able to play at a decent fps.If your CPU is running 100% it is bottlenecking the GPU,OC a bit more could help.In croweded areas the AI kicks in heavily making your CPU calculate and determine where people are going to and the path they take.Because also there are more models around the GPU gets taxed alot.
I wouldnt recommend an upgrade though but a complete new system.Hardly worth the cost for just one game.If you happen to ran into alot of games where hangs are frequent you can try look up a better lga775 cpu and get it if it is inexpensive.Otherwise a new lga1055 CPU and mobo will help.
You can try using Gamebooster free from razer that frees up memory and easen the workload.Actually try Gamebooster and see if it improves.
November 25, 2012 2:29:18 PM

gamebooster + overclocking from 266 to 320 mhz works pretty good but still lags a bit. How much could I overclock it and could I damage something ?
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2012 2:54:32 PM

what settings are you using?
November 25, 2012 3:09:44 PM

im kinda new to this so what kind of settings do you have in mind ?
November 25, 2012 4:50:19 PM

game is badly optimized for pc..pple with i5 and gtx 650 are getting 34-45 fps in cities and forest. game is CPU heavy and is badly optimized to use multi core processors and threading..look for other post such as ur's u'll find plenty of pple having prob with ac 3..

i just ended the game and got 27-35 fps in cities like boston.. had a little lags here and there..but was playable enough to end it..

if u can play it like that then go ahead n play or wait for a patch like countless others.
a c 88 à CPUs
November 25, 2012 5:20:40 PM

if your pc is just above minimum spec then you need to run the game at minimum settings. this wont guarentee the game will run smoothly. reason being is minimum spec is just that you will get 25fps give or take and basically its the way manufacturers encourage you to upgrade. the reality is if you want to play games smoothly at medium or higher you need to meet recommended specs. if your pc doesnt meet this requirement then my advice is either upgrade or forget about playing the game.
the odd thing is your pc is so old yet your insisting you want to play the newest games. if you can afford the 60bux to buy a new game then save a little more and start buying upgrades.
November 30, 2012 3:29:31 AM

As Sunnyhj said. Assassin's Creed 3 has a lot of threading and multi core issues. It irrationally hogs your CPU to the point of it bottlenecking. Ubisoft is in the works of another patch for the game. Hopefully they optimize it a little more for people with less powerful systems (then again I've been hearing that people with pretty beefy AMD based systems are still having problems in cities such as Boston).
December 1, 2012 1:49:37 PM

Hello. I have the same problem. My main specs:
- AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8 Ghz.
- 4 GB RAM DDR2 800 Mhz.
- Sapphire HD 6850.
I have hardware to run it fine in theory. But with scenario quality in high or very high, the game lags a lot in the city and in open scenarios specially when you do parkour and move quick (if the character is in some building it works like a charm). I had to set the scenario quality in Normal. I play it in 1680x1050 and normal antialiasing (I wish I could disable that). The other settings are in high.
Well the game was released for PC just a week ago or something. I guess we will have to wait for a patch.

Regards. :) 
May 25, 2013 1:11:12 AM

plzdontdisturb said:
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum :)  .

Can someone help me out with my problem. My computer lags in AC 3 although my computer reaches minimum requirements.

It shows that my computer is constantly using even when I'm not running anything about 40-50% of ram and 2% cpu. When playing my RAM usage goes to 66% but cpu goes to 100.
here is a picture

Thank you :) 


i HAVE A BEST SOLUTION
1. FIRST UNPLUG UR 3D CARD AND UR PC
2. USE BLOWER TO CLEAN UR PC
3. THEN USE BLOWER ON UR 3D CARD
4. THEN PLUG UR PC AND 3D CARD
5. RUN THE GAME AND IT WILL NEVER LAG
SIMPLE
May 25, 2013 1:12:05 AM

It worked for me dude
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 6:31:59 AM

KHIZAR12345 said:
plzdontdisturb said:
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum :)  .

Can someone help me out with my problem. My computer lags in AC 3 although my computer reaches minimum requirements.

It shows that my computer is constantly using even when I'm not running anything about 40-50% of ram and 2% cpu. When playing my RAM usage goes to 66% but cpu goes to 100.
here is a picture

Thank you :) 


i HAVE A BEST SOLUTION
1. FIRST UNPLUG UR 3D CARD AND UR PC
2. USE BLOWER TO CLEAN UR PC
3. THEN USE BLOWER ON UR 3D CARD
4. THEN PLUG UR PC AND 3D CARD
5. RUN THE GAME AND IT WILL NEVER LAG
SIMPLE


WELL DONE, read what the problem is first, then reply, you'll it works better
September 28, 2013 4:45:37 PM

drifter77 said:
Both your RAM and video card configuration meet the minimum requirements. But for a game like that you're better off upgrading your RAM to 6 or 8GB. Also, your video card is okay, but you can get a better budget card like ATI HD 6770 and it will work flawlessly.


I have a HD 7870 OC 2gb gddr5 and a fx6100 cpu and the game lags even at lowest settings at 720p.
!