Wireless Gaming Mouse, 6 Choices, Help choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

KardasDragon1321

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I have recently thought of buying myslef a new "gaming mouse" for Christmas.
I have looked at a few and singled out the ones i think wont do.
I am stuck with 6 Choices which i cant decide between

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-orochi

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/wireless-gaming-mouse-g700

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/marathon-mouse-m705

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Pyra-Wireless/#crb_1

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4189#kf

And plz, DONT say i should get a wired mouse bcz i am ofter on the go and need an easy way to use them

of them mice listed the g700 and the gigabyte are the 2 best options. i dunno why you would want wireless as they do incur a lag penalty and often will run out of power just as you need em to work.
you may also want to add a cpyborg rat 9 to that list it has a spare battery that is charging while you play so you can swap it out and have a full charge instead of waiting or stripping the mouse to get at the battery to swap it.

pockeg

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Oh can you tell us if you use a palm grip or a claw grip? the nice thing about the mice i just linked is that it fits any grip style. For example the razer Orochi you listed is only for a claw grip.

I have used the Logitech Performance MX mouse for games including FPS games for a few year. While it is not designed specifically for games, I found that it does a pretty good job anyway. About late summer last year I bought the wired Logitech G500 mouse, to tell you the truth, I don't really notice the difference in performance.

The Performance MX mouse is currently on sale at Amazon for $50. I am buying another one as a backup mouse. My original Performance MX mouse still works fine even after I... ummm... dropped it, but I like to have another as a backup in case it dies.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I wouldn't go with the Orochi unless you have really small hands. I am 14 and my hand is way too big for it. I've never used any of the others. Other than the size, the Orochi works really well though. It has 4 programmable side buttons and a good scroll wheel, plus 4000 DPI is probably enough for you.

KardasDragon1321

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Im saying no to the RAT 9 and any other mouse that needs a reciever. I want simple plug-n-forget action. I did have some concerns with the razer orochi due to the size. The current mouse im using is a plain Genius Navigator 5000. It reaches around 10cm and it gets uncomfortable after long use. I thought the Orochi might be more comfortable to grip. My grip changes depending on the mouse so im happy with most designs. Im wondering though.... i cant seem to find the dpi of the M705 or the Performance MX anywhere......My primary concern with the Gigabyte is the build quality. If you have any other suggestions that would be great!

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

This one has a design flaw that causes it to be able to rock back off its skates (no rear skate), and also the software to configure it is spyware. lol

KardasDragon1321

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012

And it needs a receiver/dock

unlimited4

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
the g700 and the razer mouse, simply cause im biased towards razer products :D

but i dont understand the need for a WIRELESS GAMING mouse

WIRELESS and GAMING are two words that just dont fit for me LOL

Phuqnutt

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I suspect that many of the wireless mouse haters are simply repeating what they have heard or are sticking to "conventional wisdom", with no or minimal up to date experience.
A friend of mine has a Logitech G700 and he loves it, and after trying it have ordered one for my son for Christmas.
Myself I have been using a Rapoo V8 for nearly 2 years now and I love it, lag is non existent range is about 10 meters and build quality is extremely high and it has many features.
Another good looking mouse is the Mamba Elite 2012, though I have no experience with that one.
Hope this gives you some good options

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Yeah that must be it :sarcastic:

KardasDragon1321

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
The G700 has a short battey life (5-6 hrs as i heard). Furthermore i heard there are issues with the charging cable. After trying out the ones i suggested in a shop, i realized they are just far too small for the times i game when i am stationed at one place. I started looking at the Logitech Peformance MX, but the last one i had broke when it fell from my table, so i am skeptical of the build quality. I think i may have realized there are no proper wireless mice that use a nano usb. Ill have to live with a cord i guess. Ive been looking up some corded ones and 3 have caught my eye:
Logitech G9X
Razer Deathadder
Steelseries Sensei

Have i made the right choice for changing to wired or is there still hope for wireless?

ejcarso

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I don't know what the guy saying the g700 is best mouse ever is thinking. I bought one today got it home hooked it up played with it for about three minutes unhooked it and drove back to best buy and returned it. That mouse is complete crap. The buttons suck balls. The logitech MX doesn't seem to bad, but right now I'm looking at the mamba.

To the fool that keeps knocking wireless.. Bro there are people who game on the go and it's kinda nice to get my *** set up ASAP on the go without dealing with a cord. Yeah at home when one can sit and relax use what's best performance wise, but when I'm out and about and want to get my game on wireless is just fine.

I was so damn disappointed in that g700, anybody been happy with a RAZER MAMBA?

Bliss_20

Dec 31, 2001

I have the Performance Mouse MX as well, for over 2 years now, works perfect for gaming (FPS included). People anno 2013 still whining about lag caused by wireless mice, especially the Performance Mouse MX from Logitech using the Unifying receiver which imo is great, are in fact stating facts dating back years ago. There are wireless mice out there equally as good as wired mice, without the annoying cable.

My Performance Mouse MX needs to be changed because I just used it so often and I spilled some soda onto it by accident. After 2 years + my mouse looks brand new. The quality, if you're not stupid enough to drop it, is excellent.

Don't mind what people who never used it, or just don't want you to buy a wireless mouse because it lags (which is not the case), have to say about this product.

Anyway, hope that gives you a better look on the MX, from someone who actually has used it ;)

GEO147

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
What did you get in the end and are you happy? Want wireless too and cant believe the price of the better mice.

Performancewise, I like the G700 a lot. It is a vary solid mouse that tracks very well, with a lot of well located buttons.

As far as long lasting solid mice goes, the MS Sidewinder x8 has the best wireless options for a desktop mouse I've used, but its sensor is not as good as the G700, which is pretty noticeable on a 120hz monitor. I was perfectly happy with it until I went with 120hz, which exposes the sensor's flaws, but the battery lasts a few days of use, and even while charging, the wire is so small, you can barely tell the wire is hooked up and it is super easy to hook up with a magnetic connection.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Nice, this thread was a while ago, I upgraded to the corsair m65, and now this is the best mouse ever. hahaha, I still like the g700 though, don't know what the dudes problem was with it..

comps4life

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I agree that the logitech g700 is great. Not sure what there is not to like. The dpi is high with customize buttons and profiles. I guess the "feel" of the mouse varies for each person. From this article it seems to be rated pretty high:
http://deviceraters.com/top-3-gaming-mouse/

Status
Not open for further replies.