Question on best\cost effective P4 CPU to OC?

After looking around it seems as though the P4 2.4B C1 with 533FSB is the best\cost effective P4 CPU to OC. Any diagree? How does one tell if its a C1 P4 2.4B CPU? Should i get a better heatsink & fan if i was to OC the CPU or is the stock one ok? If needed, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about question best cost effective
  1. Quote:
    After looking around it seems as though the P4 2.4B C1 with 533FSB is the best\cost effective P4 CPU to OC. Any diagree?

I don't disagree.
    Quote:
    How does one tell if its a C1 P4 2.4B CPU?

You mean when you're purchasing it from an online computer hardware dealer? Well, the best thing to do is to buy from a vendor that specifically sells C1. <A HREF="http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_194&products_id=771" target="_new">ExcaliberPC</A>, for example.
    Quote:
    Should i get a better heatsink & fan if i was to OC the CPU or is the stock one ok?

The retail heatsink+Fan is pretty good. I can't see spending extra money on a heatsink+fan in this case.
  2. I would agree with what the prof says. I actually have a northwood A 2.4ghz running at 3.3 but I am finding performance isn't as good as it should be as my fsb is only 138mhz :/
    I intend getting a Northwood B very soon so I can get the best out of this dual ddr mobo (gigabyte SINXP1394).
    As for the cooling, I found the stock heatsink to be ok up to around 3ghz but I needed a beefier one for the extra 300mhz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Heatsinks Overclocking