Dangerous V2> Sapphire 9700 to 9700 Pro HACK *DELETED*

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
9700 = 9700pro with just a lower clock right? just over clock it with no dangerous bios flashes required :D

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
9700 is clock locked, you need to hack the BIOS to unlock the clock generator before you can use any utilities to overclock.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
ahh then just flash it with a 9700 pro bios and make sure you have good cooling. if that doesn't work you will still be able to get to dos and flash it back damn I need to get an ati card so I can stop being wrong all the time

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, you would need to make sure you SAVE the original BIOS first of course.

Flashing to 9700 BIOS shouldn't be problematic at all, but the increased core speed could cause artifacts on some cards. Still, that wouldn't hurt the card in short order, so one could flash back easily.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

G

I done my Sapphire 9700 PCB, its described as having the 4-pin power connector, 128DDR Samsung Ram in L-shape on both sides (8 chips). The original BIOS is Samsung and has the clock locked. This card is not available anymore, I only bought it a few weeks ago.

Memory chips is the Samsung K4D26323RA-GC2A, I looked it up and its speed is 2A, 3.3 or 3.6ns, I got 2A, 2ns? wow!

I got the clock in Bios at 324/310.5 (core/mem) and only using AGP 4x and no artifacts. 3dmark2001se scores have gone from ~14000 upto 15546 at last test.

G

Man if you want one you might have a scour the earth for it. I normally get crap chips and stuff on my cards, however this time I had about AUS$500 to spend on video, not quite enough for a 97 pro.