wats a good team in ffx

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

i need help to create a team in ffx is lulu tidus and waka a good idea
to play non sumons or do i need to put in auron seeing as hes the only
one who helped lord braska and ject die on there pilgramage?

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

The team I used throughout the game was

Tidus - purely for his speed factor and his overdrive
Auron - Sheer strength of the guy
Yuna - Summon and healing powers.... plus if you teach her black mage
spells...

Well....

I'll leave it to others to confirm or trash my team at will :D

Tynian

cranman wrote:
> i need help to create a team in ffx is lulu tidus and waka a good idea
> to play non sumons or do i need to put in auron seeing as hes the only
> one who helped lord braska and ject die on there pilgramage?

why pick a specific team? you can switch in and out of characters on the
fly, so just keep everyone relatively even in terms of power, then
switch in whoever you feel at the time you want to be.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

christoforever <christoforever@comcast.net> wrote in

> why pick a specific team? you can switch in and out of characters on the
> fly, so just keep everyone relatively even in terms of power, then
> switch in whoever you feel at the time you want to be.

I found every single play through of the game my most used characters and
therefore most powerful would be Tidus, Auron, and Yuna. Close behind were
LuLu (she's just so slow to start with) and Waka, then Rikku, and then
Kimari. At the point that I had enough characters that I did not need to
use Kimari, I stopped using him. He just feels sort of worthless.

Jim Berwick wrote:

> I found every single play through of the game my most used characters and
> therefore most powerful would be Tidus, Auron, and Yuna.  Close behind
> were LuLu (she's just so slow to start with) and Waka, then Rikku, and
> then Kimari.  At the point that I had enough characters that I did not
> need to use Kimari, I stopped using him.  He just feels sort of worthless.

I found more use for Wakka (long range attacks with decent strength) and
Rikku (speed and great against mecha) than I did for Yuna. This could be
my tendency to overbuild characters to the point that I rarely need to heal
in a given battle. (I tend to beat up random baddies close to a save
sphere, so I can refill all HP and MP after each fight, and then just clock
them for a while. It gets to the point where I don't need to heal during
boss battles, so I don't have much use for the white mage characters.) I
found Khimari useless from the get go, as most other characters had gone
through so much of the sphere grid when I got to him that they were already
at his position, with a lot more to back them up. (Rikku's ability to
dismantle mecha, and her major overbuilding while I was playing with the
sphere grid while swimming early on kept her in the game.)

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that there is no one team that will be
optimal for everyone. For example, if you like to level up and take a
strong offensive strategy, Yuna won't be very useful to you, but if you try
to move through the game as quickly as one possibly can, never hanging
around to build up your characters anywhere, then Yuna will be essential.

--
- Blaine

http://www.bureau42.com

"The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has
merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one."
- Albert Einstein.

"Jim Berwick" <jimb@snip.net> wrote in message
> christoforever <christoforever@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > why pick a specific team? you can switch in and out of characters on the
> > fly, so just keep everyone relatively even in terms of power, then
> > switch in whoever you feel at the time you want to be.
> >

> I found every single play through of the game my most used characters and
> therefore most powerful would be Tidus, Auron, and Yuna. Close behind
were
> LuLu (she's just so slow to start with) and Waka, then Rikku, and then
> Kimari. At the point that I had enough characters that I did not need to
> use Kimari, I stopped using him. He just feels sort of worthless.

My strong characters were always Wakka, Tidus and Auron. By the time I
reached Mt. Gagazet I would usually be using them exclusively. I also like
to make sure I win the Blitzball game and dodge the lightning bolts as soon
as I get to the Thunder Plains so that I have 5 +4 strength spheres to add
to Tidus' grid which makes him stronger than Auron. Giving them to Auron
isn't a bad idea either as he becomes pretty much unbeatable with a 20 extra
strength points that early in the game.

cranman wrote:

> in conclusion kimari is a good fighter if used earli and correctly

I agree. I just didn't find much use for him because I didn't get him
early, and the other characters had managed to cover new sections of the
sphere grid.

--
- Blaine

http://www.bureau42.com

"People must understand that science is inherently neither a potential
for good nor for evil. It is a potential to be harnessed by man to do
his bidding."
- Glenn T. Seaborg (1912- ), US physicist.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

When everyone is pretty maxxed out on stats, I'd go with Tidus, Rikku and
Auron/Yuna.
Tidus because of Blitz Ace (about 900,000 damage)
Rikku because Ultra Potion overdrive can cure everone for the cost of 2
potions
Yuna because of the Aeon meat shield strategy
Auron because Banishing Blade does a guaranteed Power/Magic/Mental/Armour
Break

John