What is the Max FSB Setting to Secure PCI Clock

Hi there!

Need one tip

MOB ak32-l (kt-266)
512MB (DDR-333)
XP1700+ JIUHB 0311 WpmW

What's the highest value I can set the FSB to prevent PCI and AGP Fail. What would be a secure error free value? *using DDR-333 with kt266 chipset

Is there any program that allow me to see my pci/agp clock?

thks
4 answers Last reply
More about what setting secure clock
  1. Well at 133 MHz FSB your PCI is 1/4 of the FSB and the AGP 1/2: 33 and 66 MHz. Now AGP shouldn't be a problem as most modern cards can handle an AGP up to 89 MHz without problems (me GeForce2 MX seems to like that speed). But you don't want your PCI to get above 40 MHz. So to keep it a little save lets say you take 38 MHz PCI as the max... that will give you safely access to 152 MHz FSB... your AGP is then 76 MHz which shouldn't be of any problem.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:
  2. ok, so 152 will be the limit ...

just one more easy question ...

At 152fsb Would be good to use an old 40-pin Hard drive cable (flat) just to secure a good HD maintence or would it be not necessary ?
  3. I think it is best to use a 40-pin 80-conductor (wires) cable to make sure it will work at maximum speed and you shouldn't get any problems with your cables and IDE controller below 40 MHz PCI.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:
  4. ok ok

thks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs DDR PCI Overclocking