Solved

How well will AC:Revelations and AC3 run on my rig?

Hi, Mike2012. I just wanted to know how AC:Revelations and AC3 will work on my rig. I heard they both had performance issues such as AC:Revelations using 98% of a Dual Core and AC3 only getting 30-40fps on high-end rigs with core i7's. So have the problems with AC:Revelations or AC3 been fixed yet?

Here are my specs:
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E6700 @ 3.2ghz
RAM: 4GB

If I'm going to spend $30 or $60 on either, I want to make sure that they're going to run well.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about revelations
  1. Your CPU is far too weak for most gaming to be honest and poor console ports tend to be cpu heavy.
  2. your cpu is a little week in respect to your gfx card... it will barely hang on when you crank up the settings... but acr doesnt need a huge machine it plays well on my mates amd 6000x2 88gt. ac3 still has fps issues and hasnt been patched yet.
  3. HEXiT said:
    your cpu is a little week in respect to your gfx card... it will barely hang on when you crank up the settings... but acr doesnt need a huge machine it plays well on my mates amd 6000x2 88gt. ac3 still has fps issues and hasnt been patched yet.

Well, I'm just saying. It runs other console ports like RE5, ME3 and SSF4:AE at 60fps. So even though it's a little weak, it still handles other console ports surprisingly well.

Most of the console ports I get stuttering or slowdown in, are bad ports; usually where people with much better processors have problems.

Nonetheless, I will upgrade to a Core i5/Core i7, whenever I get the money for a new computer. But until then... I have to hold on to this rig.

Mainly, I heard about AC:Revelations using up 98% of a dual core. Is this still the case?
  4. Best answer
    I'm currently playing AC Revelations with the following specs:
    - Core i5 (Gen 3)
    - 8 GB RAM
    - ATI HD 6770 1GB

Your problem mainly will be the processor, you'll need a better one. Everything else will work fine. Don't even think of running AC3 on that CPU.
  5. Best answer selected by MIKE2012.
  6. drifter77 said:
    I'm currently playing AC Revelations with the following specs:
    - Core i5 (Gen 3)
    - 8 GB RAM
    - ATI HD 6770 1GB

Your problem mainly will be the processor, you'll need a better one. Everything else will work fine. Don't even think of running AC3 on that CPU.

Alright, well I'll probably get AC:RE, since it seems the problems have been fixed in that. I should atleast be able to pull 30-40fps on that as I do with similar games like that like Mafia II and Just Cause 2.
  7. yes thats the case...
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Dual Core Video Games