Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Old space computer games

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 27, 2012 4:53:42 PM

Hello, I am looking for an old space game. I barely remember it. But you would fly a spaceship around destroy asteroids and get resources to sell. And there would be npcs that would kill you.
Anyone remember this game?

More about : space computer games

November 27, 2012 5:17:59 PM

i remember you went around in space (2d) and looked for minerals which you then traveled to planets to sell so you could buy fuel and guns etc etc
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 1:26:11 PM

No, you had a round spaceship and I believe it stayed in the middle of the screen. You would destroy other things to collect minerals not sure if they were called minerals. But you would go to other planets to sell them.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 28, 2012 1:37:43 PM

I played it on my moms old 98 windows I believe. I'm not sure if I was able to buy weapons and equip them or anything. But I could shoot stuff.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 1:38:39 PM

Raptor?
Tyrian?
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 1:42:18 PM

Nope, nope. You fly around space, anywhere like your like. Wasn't like any of those games.
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 8:26:17 AM

i think i know it but im not sure was it like you are not in the spaceship but you were moving the spaceship around like where ever your mouse goes the spaceship fallows but if it is not like that then i do not know but i do not know the name of the game it might help someone tell you the name if i'm right.
m
0
l
November 30, 2012 6:48:53 AM

You might be thinking of Starscape. It had a mothership where you collected minerals. You didn't sell them at planets though. So I dunno.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/strs

Or were to referring to some kind of online mmorpg? Or maybe Space Pirates and Zombies?
m
0
l
February 11, 2013 6:40:40 AM

rootbeergut said:
No, you had a round spaceship and I believe it stayed in the middle of the screen. You would destroy other things to collect minerals not sure if they were called minerals. But you would go to other planets to sell them.


"round spaceship" hmm.. does it shoot nuclear weapons or something? and the shooting is like Missle command?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_Command
m
0
l
March 28, 2013 2:44:32 PM

Did the enemy spaceship look like a face, and you had missiles and planet bombs and everything was in quadrants?
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 3:27:03 PM

Craig68 said:
Did the enemy spaceship look like a face, and you had missiles and planet bombs and everything was in quadrants?


do you by any chance still remember how the game you are mentioning is called

m
0
l
March 3, 2014 5:42:29 AM

freelancer :) 
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 4:35:12 PM

I think I recall the game you're thinking of, I'm also looking for it. If I remember correctly, there were suns which had a gravitational effect.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 2:27:43 PM

rootbeergut said:
Hello, I am looking for an old space game. I barely remember it. But you would fly a spaceship around destroy asteroids and get resources to sell. And there would be npcs that would kill you.
Anyone remember this game?


m
0
l
June 5, 2014 2:33:34 PM

First there was "Elite" - it was a DOS Game
Then "ProtoStar" which had crew members - It was a DOS Game
Then "Privateer" It was a DOS Game for ver. 1 and Win95 for ver. 2
Then "Freelancer" it was an Win XP Game.
m
0
l
!