NEED INFO PLS HELP

kasapoff

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
hey everyone. do u know if cheepoman could be used for compaq intel i810e mobo's. if not what other bios can i use in order to be able to alter the fsb from 66 to 100. i want to oc my celeron 633. feedback is appreciated.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you want to increase the bus speed from 66MHz to 100MHz, all you have to do is break a pin off the CPU! PM me and I'll send you an article I wrote on the subject.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

kasapoff

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
10x crashman. does it depend on the mobo though? because mine is shitty - compaq, chipset i810E, can't do anything from the bios. could you send the article to chefo_99@yahoo.com
10x in advance

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You should only give out email in private message because of spammers. Some actually have a search bot that will go through entire forums gleening all the email addresses! You can edit your post to delete it.

I've sent the information. Your board definately supports 100MHz bus speeds, and possibly 133MHz bus speed, by CPU auto-detection. You might need to raise your core voltage, you can do that with pins as well. And there's the possibility that it MIGHT not run at 950MHz. Most will, some won't, all require a voltage increase.

I ALWAYS recommend people test their processors on an overclocker's board before modifying them for a restricted board.

kasapoff

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
thanks a lot. but i have some further quesitons:
1. is there a thermal protection, if it gets too hot is it gonna burn or just reboot?
2. do i have to both increase the voltage and increase the fsb frequency, and is it done thru only removing one pin.
3. it says besel1 and bsel0, cant find them.
4. if both operations are done with one pin, which exactly is it?
sorry to bug u again, but i need to fill these gaps.
10x

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VID pins control voltage, BSEL pins control bus speed. The two charts are in the document I sent you, allong with two pin graphs to show you the locations.

You can see for example that on a 1.65v CPU, connecting pin VID3 to VSS raises the core voltage to 2.05v. Then, breaking connection to VID2 drops it from 2.05v to 1.85v. 1.85v is the setting I recommend for your CPU.