vx6100 voice commands

I'm still within my 15-day trial of a VX6100, upgrading from a vx4400.
I can't find a way to record my own voice commands for my contacts.
Must I be limited to the computer's horribly inaccurate guess of whom
I wish to call? No, Margaret is NOT Laura. Sheesh. I can't believe LG
would have done this and it's darn near a dealbreaker for me. I really
miss being able to just push a button, say the name and hear
"Calling..." instead of the multi-step nightmare of the vx6100.

I've got to be missing something here.

Hera

Yes, that's the way the 6100 works The vx4500, which I felt was a great
phone, worked the same way.

For people that I call regularly, I just use the speed dial selection.
Although you could have 99 different speed-dial call numbers, I only use #'s
2-9. It can't get much simpler than that; you hold a button for about 2
seconds and it's ringing.

I seldom use voice dialing, but when I do, I have no problem. If I use
voice dialing and say "Mark", the phone says, "Mark", where upon I say
"yes" and it dials. For a test, I put both "Laura" and "Margaret" in my
Phone. I tried voice dialing each of them, and the phone dialed each of
them both perfectly the very 1st time. It did not confuse one with the
other. As I said, voice dialing seems to work fine for me. I do speak
clearly and without any accent. I suppose if I had some sort of accent,
then maybe I'd have trouble with the voice dialing.

But, as I said, even though I have no problem at all using voice dialing,
I seldom use it. It's much easier for me to just push a "speed dial
number". If you do it the way I do, you'd get your wish of only pressing a
button to place your call. The great thing is you wouldn't have to say a
thing - the LG VX 6100 would simply speed dial your number. Hope this
helps.

<hera> wrote in message news:d06d71dk8aor5pn89qfkgmbti0of821b9d@4ax.com...
> I'm still within my 15-day trial of a VX6100, upgrading from a vx4400.
> I can't find a way to record my own voice commands for my contacts.
> Must I be limited to the computer's horribly inaccurate guess of whom
> I wish to call? No, Margaret is NOT Laura. Sheesh. I can't believe LG
> would have done this and it's darn near a dealbreaker for me. I really
> miss being able to just push a button, say the name and hear
> "Calling..." instead of the multi-step nightmare of the vx6100.
>
> I've got to be missing something here.
>
> Hera

Thanks Mark, speed dial does sound like the solution, as the phone
works pretty well otherwise. That, and the fact that I BitPim my
Outlook contacts into my phone, so rather than simple entries for
Margaret and Laura, it includes their last names, and in one case,
their husband's first name, which really confuses voice commands. But
I'd imagine the 80/20 rule applies here as well, and the large
majority of my outgoing calls are to a small group of numbers.

Hera