Your question
Closed

Futuremark Announces PCMark 7 for Windows 7

Last response: in News comments
March 22, 2011 7:48:47 PM

Sweet!
Score
March 22, 2011 10:43:01 PM

Good for braggers, useless for average joe which is 98% of the market.
Score
Related resources
March 23, 2011 12:15:29 AM

HansVonOhain- Exactly, when was the last time you ever heard of anyone PCMarking a netbook?
Score
March 23, 2011 10:52:17 AM

HansVonOhainGood for braggers, useless for average joe which is 98% of the market.

To be honest, I like using the 3Dmark software for showing compatibility with different components. Just because "it works", doesn't mean it works well sometimes. For instance, when I had my AM2+ board (K9A2 Platinum) I tried 3 different kinds of ram, and got different avgs for each kind tested. Now, having a complete sweet, you can see how each component compares. Helps when you're a system builder.
Score
March 23, 2011 2:39:02 PM

Braggers? I'd venture as much to say that anyone reading this article on Tomshardware either see's this as relevant/useful or fun software/benchmarking program or they wish they had a system they could post their numbers to
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 23, 2011 2:51:10 PM

PC performance is becoming a lost art. Gamers have moved to consoles and everyone else (unless you are a developer) can use a dual core anything and work just fine. Hardware has hit the tipping point and Microsoft will pay the price for it through lack of innovation in their products and loses in hardware. Futuremark makes non realistic benchmarks that no longer depict real world useage.
Score
!