(Solved) New Vegas Ultimate Edition issues (Vanilla)

So I've been playing New Vegas under Win8 x64 with no problems till yesterday. I have an nVidia 550ti and I have the newest drivers for it. Had the newest drivers since they came out and never had the issues I'm having now.

Anyways, I have always played on ultra with no issues. Yesterday the game started stuttering and freezing really bad. So I lowered the rez to high and it will play fine for a few minutes then start stuttering and freezing again. So again I lowered the rez to medium and the same thing occurs after a few minutes. I even had Steam verify the files. It reacquired 2 files. I loaded up the game last night before I went to bedd and of course after a few moments, the issues return.

I then had Steam remove the local files and uninstalled Steam. I deleted a few other files associated with Steam and New Vegas, ran Ccleaner, defragged, reinstalled Steam and had Steam install New Vegas. I get up this morning, run Ccleaner and defragged. I then started up New Vegas via Steam and the game was set to ultra again. I play for a few minutes and the issues return. I try it on all rez settings and still the issues persist, even on low.

I am at my wits end over this. Any help would be awesome. Before I forget: Skyrim and Fallout 3 do not have these issues. Only New Vegas.

Load Order:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm

Any help would be awesome. Thank you.
9 answers Last reply
More about solved vegas ultimate edition issues vanilla
  1. How are the temps on your GPU?

Before I switched to a 560 ti, and then a second one of those, I had a 550 ti for a good long while and after about 4 or 5 months of pretty heavy use, I noticed my temps flying into the >90 range, which was causing hiccups.

But, I'm sure you've probably ruled that out. Just checking.
  2. Just checked and it's still in the high 30's. Rarely does it go into the 40 range.
  3. How is your power supply?
  4. das_stig said:
    How is your power supply?

How would I check that? It seems fine. It's thermaltake 850watt. Less then 4 months old and my other games play great. It's just NV.
  5. Going back to Win7. Steam refuses to give me support for Win8.
  6. 30-40c under load? can you get load temps?
  7. 13thmonkey said:
    30-40c under load? can you get load temps?

Load temps? I think my system stays so cool under load is because I have a 360mm case fan. Also my system is water cooled. But I also only took the GPU temp after game freeze. So it could have been higher.
  8. water, ok, probably not temps unless you have a loop issue.
  9. Figured it out. Well, not really. But I did fix the issue. I uninstalled my nVidia drivers, NV and Steam. Ran Ccleaner and reinstalled everything and am back in business. But why only New Vegas was having the issues, I have no idea.

But thank you for all the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Vanilla Steam Video Games