XEON 2.66 w/533Mhz FSB

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Sorry guys, but too excitted not to post this - won a brand-new Intel XEON 2.66 w/533Mhz FSB today (wooohooooo!!!) at the Intel Channel Conference ! ! ! ! ! ! Now if can count on Intel for anything, its giving me free stuff ! ! :lol:

<b>I like big butts - and i <i>can</i> lie</b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
No mobo ! ! I was hoping I'd win one yesterday too, hah, so I could actually use it, but oh well. Now I've gotta find somewhere to sell it.. thing is, whos gonna want a XEON processor if I put it on e-bay..?

jvchacon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2003
Well first congrats on the win.

And secondly .. on eBay ANYONE will buy ANYTHING .. have no fears LOL

Believe me .. I spend about 5 hours a day on eBay doin a bit of investigation work. The most rediculous thing I've seen thus far is someone selling vintage airline coasters

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
airline coasters ? ? ohk, i knew some people had some weird-ass fetishes, but airline coasters? riiiiigggghhhtttt...

well, i mean i've sold sh!t on e-bay before too: last year I won a 2.8GHz CPU right when they came out, sold it to some guy (with a motherboard, hehah) in Norway for like $575 when the wholesale price was like $640, he was happy, and i made money out of thin air so to speak. Anyways, checked e-bay witha worldwide search, and there's only 2 listings, both commercial, for the CPU I've got, hence my lack of confidence. But we'll see, there's another reseller that wanted it, and I'm gonna call him on Monday and see whats up... thing is, if I pull it off good, I can maybe get some contractual work with him as he needs help on AMD based systems (my fav), since he's (up till now) only dealt with intel systems... and check this - they gross $1.2 Million (CAD) in <b>software alone</b> per month... so yeah, i'm crossin my fingers.

svol

Champion
You have to got much luck if you win so much... I hardly win anything. :frown:

Good luck with that company!

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
thanks a bunch dood - we'll see what i can get out of this - we had been talking and he told me one of his customers wanted to OC his barton 2800+ and didn't know how, so i was like "tell your customer that you've got someone to OC it now"... muuhuhhahahah :wink: