Gimpy

Just installed the sygate personal firewall & this being the 1st time
Ive used one, have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me
with..... #1, under their quick scan everything is blocked but my tcp/ip
address, is that normal? #2 under the stelth scan i have service (web),
port ( 80 ) closed but not blocked... Also service (port), port (4562)
also closed but not blocked. would this be normal, or should those 2 be
blocked & if so how do I do it? Every thing else under the stelth scan
is blocked by the way.. Thanks for any help, Gimpy....

casey

In article <10apj217gepms78@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...
> Just installed the sygate personal firewall & this being the 1st time
> Ive used one, have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me
> with..... #1, under their quick scan everything is blocked but my tcp/ip
> address, is that normal? #2 under the stelth scan i have service (web),
> port ( 80 ) closed but not blocked... Also service (port), port (4562)
> also closed but not blocked. would this be normal, or should those 2 be
> blocked & if so how do I do it? Every thing else under the stelth scan
> is blocked by the way.. Thanks for any help, Gimpy....

Everything in the Quick Scan and Stealth Scan should show Blocked,
except for the tcp/ip address which you are using to connect to
Sygate for the tests.
After reading your post, I did both of these scans on my Sygate
firewall. I was surprised to fine several ports closed instead of
blocked under the Stealth Scans. I went in and altered some of
my advanced rules to clear the problem. I then redid both tests
and found everyting to be blocked.
So, look at your advanced rules which might be causing the problem.
Casey

Gimpy

"Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
> In article <10apj217gepms78@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net
says...
> > Just installed the sygate personal firewall & this being the 1st
time
> > Ive used one, have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help
me
> > with..... #1, under their quick scan everything is blocked but my
tcp/ip
> > address, is that normal? #2 under the stelth scan i have service
(web),
> > port ( 80 ) closed but not blocked... Also service (port), port
(4562)
> > also closed but not blocked. would this be normal, or should those
2 be
> > blocked & if so how do I do it? Every thing else under the stelth
scan
> > is blocked by the way.. Thanks for any help, Gimpy....
> >

> Everything in the Quick Scan and Stealth Scan should show Blocked,
> except for the tcp/ip address which you are using to connect to
> Sygate for the tests.
> After reading your post, I did both of these scans on my Sygate
> firewall. I was surprised to fine several ports closed instead of
> blocked under the Stealth Scans. I went in and altered some of
> my advanced rules to clear the problem. I then redid both tests
> and found everyting to be blocked.
> So, look at your advanced rules which might be causing the problem.
> Casey
Thanks Casey, but just checked & I dont have anything listed under
advance rules ?