Gaming Computer

sirtestalot

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hi, I've been wondering if I should purchase a gaming computer because I've been pretty tired of playing with low fps and continuous stutters. And I recently found a custom gaming pc with the specs of the following:

MSI z77ma-G45 mainboard
-4 DIMMs
-Supports AMD Crossfire Technology
-8-Channel (7.1) HD Audio subsystem
-10/100/1000 MB/s LAN subsystem
-4 SATA 3Gb/s ports and 2 SATA 6Gb/s ports
-2 x PCI express slots

Intel Core i5 Processor

-i5-2400 LGA1155

Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition

-HDMI port

Thermaltake TR2 600W power supply

Thermaltake Dokker case

Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive

1 TB

8 GB DDR3 Memory

You think I'll be able to run games like Skyrim, Battlefield, Crysis2, and other today's high-quality games in high - ultra settings on about 40+ fps? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you tomshardware community!

-Sincerely, sirtestalot

pjg

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012

GOOD IDEA i i got my Gaming Computer from a Computer fix store and i love it

It's a steal for $500. Unless you're planning you spend more, you won't be able to get anything better for that price. Building an equivalent PC would cost around $650. It will let you play everything on medium-high settings at 1920x1080 resolution. So as I said, if $500 is your target budget, you should definitely take the offer.

pjg

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
do not buy a Gaming Computers from a store they do not know what a Gaming Computer is so if you want it to work good and last you for a long time build your own

get monitors, software, there but do not ever think that there Computers are for Gaming i had 1 and it broke down in 3 month

^
Did you even read his post and checked the price of components? All the components are decent for a gaming PC, and the price is very good. I am usually against prebuilt computers, because they are overpriced and have garbage power supply units, but this one seems to not have either flaw.