New Every 2, but only for 1

Last response: in Network Providers
May 3, 2005 11:30:19 AM

I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
fufilled my 2 year contract.

A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).

Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.

-Crazy

More about : question

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:47:35 PM

The primary number paid the regular monthly rate. The family member was
only charged the appropriate family rate. 9 bucks or so. Not enough
monthly to subsidize a new phone.

"CrazyAtPSU" <Google@thebluelion.com> wrote in message
> I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
> every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
> fufilled my 2 year contract.
>
> A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
> phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
> They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
> mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
> phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
> offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
> which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
> a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.
>
> -Crazy

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 7:09:17 PM

"CrazyAtPSU" <Google@thebluelion.com> wrote in message

> A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
> phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
> They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
> mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
> phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
> offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,

> -Crazy

Yup, that's right. It's Tea For Two-- but free phone for only one...

Doc
May 3, 2005 9:18:41 PM

When we re-upped in January, there was a buy one, get up to four free deal
offered. I upgraded my phone to an LG7000 which was free after the rebate
and New Every Two discount, and we got three additional phones free. Could
have had three more 7000's, but my wife opted for a 6100 to have a trimode
in the family (road trips may take us out of the digital mainstream) and a
7000 each for my son and daughter.

There seemed to be several similar offers available at the time. One flyer
came with the wireless bill. Something slightly different advertised in the
newspaper, and yet another arrived with the Verizon phone/dsl bill. Some
offered only a basic phone as the "four free," but the one we took advantage
of had the offer applied to any of the LG phones.

Moral of the story is: Don't discard the "offers" included with your bill.
File them for future reference.

DS

> I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
> every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
> fufilled my 2 year contract.
>
> A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
> phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
> They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
> mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
> phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
> offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
> which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
> a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.
>
> -Crazy

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 11:40:06 PM

On 3 May 2005 07:30:19 -0700, "CrazyAtPSU" <Google@thebluelion.com>
wrote:

>I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
>every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
>fufilled my 2 year contract.
>
>A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
>phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
>They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
>mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
>phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
>offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
>which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).
>
>Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, it's always been that way ever since NE2 was introduced. It's in
both of your contracts. Pull them out and re-read them.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 11:33:33 PM

In article <1115130619.605030.40460@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"CrazyAtPSU" <Google@thebluelion.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
> a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.

Yes, I have experienced that. The minimum monthly plan must be $35 I
believe and the second phone on a family share is $10 or $20.

I got 2 free Samsung a670s last year, when they offered a 2 for 1 deal
and I applied my $100 NE2 credit, so we both got new phones.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 11:18:32 AM

Thanks for opening my eyes to something that may happen next week. On
May 14th, our account will be eligible for the 'New Every 2'. If they
don't want to allow both my wife and I to upgrade, it'll be time to take
the $175 cancellation hit and move to Cingular or Nextel. We've had
other problems with Verizon and tried to overlook them in anticipation
of getting 2 new phones for free. Also, we've been to their showroom
several times and asked about the New Every 2. I'm specifically looking
at the Mot v710. They haven't bothered to tell us over the past 6 months
that only the primary is eligible for $100 off of an upgrade. You can
say I haven't been savvy enough to look at our contracts again. However,
they can either pay $100 to keep us, or lose much more than $300 when we
jump ship. Verizon and their agents make plenty of commission on phones
anyway. It's their choice!!

Take My Socks off to reply by e-mail

CrazyAtPSU wrote:
> I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
> every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
> fufilled my 2 year contract.
>
> A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
> phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
> They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
> mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
> phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
> offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
> which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
> a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.
>
> -Crazy

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 11:18:33 AM

Plan on changing then because you will not get what you want. The contract
is very clear. I've tried. And be careful because that's a cancellation
fee of $175 per phone that is still in contract, not just one fee.

"Hackman" <MYSOCKSjkh68@yahoo.comMYSOCKS> wrote in message
> Thanks for opening my eyes to something that may happen next week. On May
> 14th, our account will be eligible for the 'New Every 2'. If they don't
> want to allow both my wife and I to upgrade, it'll be time to take the
> $175 cancellation hit and move to Cingular or Nextel. We've had other
> problems with Verizon and tried to overlook them in anticipation of
> getting 2 new phones for free. Also, we've been to their showroom several
> times and asked about the New Every 2. I'm specifically looking at the
> Mot v710. They haven't bothered to tell us over the past 6 months that
> only the primary is eligible for $100 off of an upgrade. You can say I
> haven't been savvy enough to look at our contracts again. However, they
> can either pay $100 to keep us, or lose much more than $300 when we jump
> ship. Verizon and their agents make plenty of commission on phones
> anyway. It's their choice!!

> Take My Socks off to reply by e-mail
>
> CrazyAtPSU wrote:
>> I've recently just ordered a v710 from the VZW website under the "new
>> every 2" clause, which allowed me to get it for FREE, since I've
>> fufilled my 2 year contract.
>>
>> A friend of mine has a family share plan, and wants to get some new
>> phones. His wife and himself have both fufilled their 2 yr contracts.
>> They're both interested in taking advantage of the offer I just
>> mentioned above, BUT according to a Verizon rep the talked to over the
>> phone, only the primary person on the account can take advantage of the
>> offer and all other people on the account have to pay the full price,
>> which is $99 for the v710 on the website ($50 cheaper than the store).
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>> I'm really surprised there is not even a discount for being a member on
>> a family share plan that has fufilled their 2 year contract.
>>
>> -Crazy

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 12:53:29 AM

I experienced this also. The new every two fine print says something
like "plans must be 29.99 or more" (or some price in that range).
Verizon considers the $20 additional line fee as less than the minimum
to qualify for new every two.

You have to pay the 2 year discounted phone price on the secondary
lines. The primary line gets the 2 year price minus $100.

-MVL
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 10:47:47 AM

I am pretty much in the same situation as you. We're on the family
shared plan. I bought the V710 last October (2004), and we're now
looking to upgrade the wife's phone. From what I have seen, I believe
the second phone is still elgible for the 'new every two' deal. I say
this because when I logon to Verizon's website and select the upgrade
phone option for her phone number, I get the discounted rates. However,
my number shows the redicolous priced rates.

You may want to check your account at Verizons website and see if this
holds true for you.

Hope this helps...

Bob
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:55:05 AM

Biffo wrote:
> I am pretty much in the same situation as you. We're on the family
> shared plan. I bought the V710 last October (2004), and we're now
> looking to upgrade the wife's phone. From what I have seen, I believe
> the second phone is still elgible for the 'new every two' deal. I say
> this because when I logon to Verizon's website and select the upgrade
> phone option for her phone number, I get the discounted rates. However,
> my number shows the redicolous priced rates.

All of the phones on a family share qualify for the subsidized price
(with one or two year new contract) at the end of their contract. The
primary one qualifies for an additional $100 off for NE2. BTW, the
various phones in a family share can have different contract dates. I
exercised NE2 on my primary phone, and it is now on a two-year contract,
whereas the other phones in my share are somewhere in a one-year
contract when I took the last promo.
!