Sign in with
Your question

Constant Crashing on Sleeping Dogs

November 29, 2012 5:18:22 AM

Hello epic humans! I am coming to the end of my rope trying to debug my system to make this game work. I have had similar issues with other games but have fixed them all in the past.

My Specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Intel i7-2600k 3.4MHz
GPU: GTX 580
Mobo: P8P67 B3 Deluxe
Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600 Gskillz 800 Mhz
SSD: Vertex 3 256Gb
PSU: Corsair ATX 850 w

So currently when it crashes the game freezes for a second and goes back to my desktop. Screen is frozen and music plays on loop. Have to enter task manager to end program. It says that my driver has stopped working but has recovered.Can sometimes play for an hour, sometimes for 5 mins.

So far i have reformatted my drive and re installed windows. Updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest 309.67. Also have rolled it back to 304.79 to see if it was the driver. I have changed every 3D setting i could to try get some more power and performance out of the GPU. No love there.
Ran in safe mode and comparability mode to see if it was a windows issue. Have update all windows updates. Also have turned off all background programs and applications (Wallpapers and AVG ect).

Have tested all temps, so far at idle everything is between 30-40 c and my gpu ramps up to 60c while in game. I think its all in acceptable limits.

Checked inside to see if its dust or anything but nothing so far. Have also checked out who crashed for dumps but the system is not crashing, just my driver i think.

So any advice would be great. Im thinking its just the game having issues with the driver, i find it strange tho as the new one is specified as excellent for sleeping dogs.

If you gurus would have an ideas on what i could do to stop this i would be forever in your debt!!!
!