What processor reaches 200 FSB the easiest?

My buddy is building an AZN8X and he wants 200MHz FSB. However, he ain't buying the 3200+. Do the later T-Bred B's go into 200 easy, or the early Bartons? For that matter, does a 1700+ 'B' do it?

Thanks guys.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky; <b>Try to take over the world!</b>
10 answers Last reply
More about what processor reaches easiest
  1. Almost any of those will if you have a Revision 2 motherboard. But you will probably have to lower the multiplyer for it to happen.

I aint signing nothing!!!
  2. The last BIOS 1004 from ASUS let A7N8X pcb rev. 1.04 to run at a FSB of 200 MHz.
    A XP 2700+ air cooled can run stably up to almost 2450-2500 MHz, so it needs to lower the multiply like 12-12.5

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:
  4. Thnaks svol, you were the closest to answering my question. Though I will say right now to the rest, I know the capabilities and revisions of the ASUS A7N8X, I just don't know which processor he needs to get to have a higher probability to get 200 FSB.

So now that it is pretty much a tie between the two, which one can overclock the most? I haven't researched the Bartons overclocking potential, so I'm not sure.

What do you think, best bet to get Barton 2500+?

5. If you're on a budget get the 1700+ B, it's on sale at newegg for $43

And if it doesn't get a 200 fbs (which it should) it's only $43 for a damn good cpu

It's all good ^_^
  6. Yeah, I got an 1800 T-bred 'b' myself overclocked, but he wants higher performance, making sure he gets good speeds. Not after supreme performance, just really good. I'll tell him to get a Barton 2500, I think that would be the best bet eh?

7. Well the Barton should OC lower (in MHz) then the T-bredB (according to the averages). But the Barton has twice the cache and also should run at 200 MHz FSB, so sycle f
    or sycle the Barton should be faster.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:
  8. Yep, my 1700+B will do it - but your flirtin with disaster!!!
  9. I have a A7N8X 2.0 ,XMS 3200LL (2*256) I had a 1700+ @ 2400+ stable . I now have barton 2500+ @ 3200+(11*200) with very little work. the barton smokes the tbred. very happy with the barton.
  10. OK, thanks guys, you've been good help.

Thnaks again.

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Overclocking