Fastest RAM Timings?!

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Well, I'm just a bit confused after reading through the forums... what ARE the best ram timings- and what is recommended for maximum performance? Thankyou for any help!

(By the way, I have a 266A mobo with pny pc2100 ram).

svol

Champion
Strange place to post this... but anyway:

CAS 2
RAS 2
Trp 2
Tras 5 (for 133 to 166 FSB, otherwise 6)
Trcd 2

Burts Length: 8
Queue Depth: 4 level
Bank Interleave: 4 level
Command Rate: 1T

This is the fatest IIRC. But that doesn't mean your RAM can handle it. And not all BIOSes support all options.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

svol

Champion
Yes... but no BIOS allows that. Maybe with some hex editing in the BIOS files you can enable it... but I don't think any memory runs at those insane timings.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
cas 1 eh? it would be interesting to try hex editing though I doubt there is any stick of ram today that would run it.

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

svol

Champion
It will give some pretty neat RAM errors. And if you're able to start Windows some nice data corruption. :lol:

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
that is assuming that it could get past the post which I don't think it could but hey maybe if you use liquid nitrogen to cool it and get some REALLY REALLY high quality chips and ran it at a VERY low clock speed then MAYBE you would have a chance

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

svol

Champion
Lets take it to 0 K and see if we can reach BEC (Bose-Einstein Condensate) maybe then it will do quantum computing.