How about a CoolerMAster HAC-V81

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Anybody usin a CoolerMaster HAC-V81??? Any Good?

Am currently usin a CoolMaster DP5-6I31C, and its doin the job at <45C workin.
But it sure whistles! HAve used 3 of these recently for family and 2 outa 3 have been acceptably quiet, but mine whistles and whines - like ya can hear it 3 rooms away? I've always had pretty good results with CoolerMasters, and HAC-V81's get pretty good (but mixed) reviews...

Am runnin1700+ (TbredB @1992), A7n8x, PC2700, ATI, and a pretty full box but case/mb temp is ok (~33C). If it just keeps me <45c and I get rida this whistle/whine id be happy. But if I could get a little more coolin, and kick it up another notch or 2, well, that'd be that much better...

$18 bucks to you door from Newegg aint bad... but this whistlein's gotta go!

I was running a Coolermaster and it was irritatingly whiney noisy, I tried the Vantec Aeroflow, liked it so much I got a second one for my wifes machine, did you know your hardrive actually makes some noise, I never really heard it for the Coolermaster.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

Oh by the way my temps under load 43c, which leaves plenty of O/Cing room.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Hmmm... checked out reviews on that Vantec Areoflow.
Pretty good, characterized by "Performance wise this cooler is no slouch"!
and one guy on a Newegg review says "quiet as Death's whisper"...
That'll work..

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
well, i use the aeroflow (idle ~27*C, load ~40*C.... 32*C at 7V) and its good, but i still think I'm the only one who thinks its not great. I mean, its quiet enough, but mehhhhh, I like super quiet, heh

<b>I like big butts - and i <i>can</i> lie</b>

Latest posts