FF games for gameboy or DS??

Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2005 4:45:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

heya guys,

I'm a big kid, but married now, so Gameboy's mobility has really been
great. But I miss the great RPG's when I was younger, especially FF7.
Has anyone heard if any new FF games will come out for gameboy of
nintendo DS? Fingers crossed! :)

Playing Riviera for gameboy now. Pretty fun.

I just finished Fire Emblem 2 for Gameboy. It was my first strategy
game. Anyone know games similiar to it? Is FF Tactics similiary fun?
:)

I can't wait for the new Zelda game for GameCube. The wife will have
to understand that I must be in the basement for a while to play this
one. :)

thanks fellow gamers!
mike (31 from Maryland)

More about : games gameboy

August 21, 2005 11:16:38 PM

"Rob Browning" <pluvius3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 20 Aug 2005 12:45:23 -0700, mikein21061@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>heya guys,
>>
>>I'm a big kid, but married now, so Gameboy's mobility has really been
>>great. But I miss the great RPG's when I was younger, especially FF7.
>>Has anyone heard if any new FF games will come out for gameboy of
>>nintendo DS? Fingers crossed! :)
>
> Not really, but there's apparently a port or something of Crystal
> Chronicles due for the DS, as well as the first-ever official American
> version of FF3. No clue why the latter is being developed
> specifically for that system; probably because Square loves to milk
> the cash cow and people are dumb enough to go along with it.

So with FF3 now coming to the US, does this mean the translaters who made an
unoffical ZSNES version of FF3 can now get the translations right? Never
played FF3 yet. Its on my "to do list" after finishing Chrono Trigger,
Chrono Cross, FF1 & 2, then FF3, 4-6, already done 7-9...MAYBE by then CPU
speed, RAM, & video cards will be up enough & the software working enough
for PS2 emulator so I can buy FF10 & 10-2....I prefer emulators because of
the "save state" feature. How is the translation for FF3? I've heard its
OK but not great.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:25:00 AM

Mobius wrote:

> So with FF3 now coming to the US, does this mean the translaters who made an
> unoffical ZSNES version of FF3 can now get the translations right?
> <snip>

FF3 was on the Famicon/NES. Also, I see little point in translators
continuing their work if an official version is released.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols
Related resources

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message
> Mobius wrote:
>
>> So with FF3 now coming to the US, does this mean the translaters who made
>> an unoffical ZSNES version of FF3 can now get the translations right?
>> <snip>
>
> FF3 was on the Famicon/NES. Also, I see little point in translators
> continuing their work if an official version is released.

OK, I was almost sure it was SNES (Japaneese)...isn't FF1 SNES?
August 23, 2005 9:30:13 AM

On 2005-08-23 00:09:45 -0300, "Mobius" <com DOT yahoo AT m0b1us0099> said:

> "Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> Mobius wrote:
>>
>>> So with FF3 now coming to the US, does this mean the translaters who
>>> made an unoffical ZSNES version of FF3 can now get the translations
>>> right?
>>> <snip>
>>
>> FF3 was on the Famicon/NES. Also, I see little point in translators
>> continuing their work if an official version is released.
>>
> OK, I was almost sure it was SNES (Japaneese)...isn't FF1 SNES?

FF1 - Famicom, NES, Gameboy Advance (remake), PS1 (remake)
FF2 - Famicom, Gameboy Advance (remake), PS1 (remake)
FF3 - Famicom
FF4 - Super Famicom, SNES (FF2), PS1 (remake)
FF5 - Super Famicom, PS1 (remake)
FF6 - Super Famicom, SNES (FF3), PS1 (remake)

- Avenger
August 23, 2005 2:32:39 PM

"Avenger" <aven@agff.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-08-23 00:09:45 -0300, "Mobius" <com DOT yahoo AT m0b1us0099> said:
>
>> "Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message

>>> FF3 was on the Famicon/NES. Also, I see little point in translators
>>> continuing their work if an official version is released.
>>>
>> OK, I was almost sure it was SNES (Japaneese)...isn't FF1 SNES?
>>
> FF1 - Famicom, NES, Gameboy Advance (remake), PS1 (remake)
> FF2 - Famicom, Gameboy Advance (remake), PS1 (remake)
> FF3 - Famicom
> FF4 - Super Famicom, SNES (FF2), PS1 (remake)
> FF5 - Super Famicom, PS1 (remake)
> FF6 - Super Famicom, SNES (FF3), PS1 (remake)

OK, thanks...

FF7-9 = PS1
FF10 & 10-2 = PS2
FF11 (I think they should have not used the numbering system here, since the
others are console games) = PC-online
FF12 = PS2 or 3?
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 4:36:45 AM

Mobius wrote:

> FF7-9 = PS1
> FF10 & 10-2 = PS2
> FF11 (I think they should have not used the numbering system here, since the
> others are console games) = PC-online
> FF12 = PS2 or 3?

FF11 was originally on the PS2.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols
Anonymous

Rob Browning wrote:
> On 20 Aug 2005 12:45:23 -0700, mikein21061@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> heya guys,
>>
>> I'm a big kid, but married now, so Gameboy's mobility has really been
>> great. But I miss the great RPG's when I was younger, especially
>> FF7. Has anyone heard if any new FF games will come out for gameboy
>> of nintendo DS? Fingers crossed! :)
>
> Not really, but there's apparently a port or something of Crystal
> Chronicles due for the DS, as well as the first-ever official American
> version of FF3. No clue why the latter is being developed
> specifically for that system; probably because Square loves to milk
> the cash cow and people are dumb enough to go along with it.

Can you add emulators to the DS like you can the PSP? If so, you should be
able to play all the old games for nes and snes. They are the only ones
that matter anyways.

Ryan
!