ZA configutarion & javascript

I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet page.
On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as soon as I
click on the assistance link.

On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement. The ZA
logs don't give any clue.
This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I can't
send the e-mail.
I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar doesn't
changes whatever the page is.
In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as paste
operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated are
fully validated (all options).

Dumping the source gives the following:

<!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
<script language='javascript'
src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>

<TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="w_wg"
SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/wanad
oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
<FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

<!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
<script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail ?
TIA

"Aldo Larrabiata" <zzz@zorglub.net> wrote in

> I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet
> page. On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as
> soon as I click on the assistance link.
>
> On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
> banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement.
> The ZA logs don't give any clue.
> This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I
> can't send the e-mail.
> I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar
> doesn't changes whatever the page is.
> In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as
> paste operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
> Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated
> are fully validated (all options).
>
> Dumping the source gives the following:

> <!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
> <script language='javascript'
> src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>
>
> <TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
> charset=iso-8859-1">
> </HEAD>
> <FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
> <FRAME NAME="w_wg"
> SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/
> wanad oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0"
> MARGINHEIGHT="0" FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
> <FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
> marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
> </FRAMESET>
> <NOFRAMES>
> <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
> </BODY>
> </NOFRAMES>
> </HTML>
>
> <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
> <script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

> Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
> If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail
> ? TIA

This is just a general comment. It is unbelievable that ZA or any PFW
solution is jacking around with browser scripting, leading to complete
end-user confusion like this. The FW solution has no business doing it -
none, IMHO.

Duane :)

Aldo Larrabiata wrote:

(snipped)

> On IE5.5

> On the top of the Wanadoo page

Others here have provided you with excellent
advice which you should sincerely consider.

My comments are you should never use Microsoft
Internet Explorer, regardless of which version,
regardless of how many patches you apply.

MSIE is an extremely high security risk no matter
how you configure that browser. MSIE does not comply
with any internet protocols. MSIE will frequently
return a "page cannot viewed" error when the page
is actually there and viewable. MSIE disallows
you to view ten to twenty percent of internet pages
and crashes about as often as you change underwear.

Wanadoo, this is one of the most disliked servers.
Most administrators, self included, blanket block
all access by Wanadoo, especially email coming
out of Wanadoo. I have worked with administrators
at that server, trying to stop problems coming
from their server, and found Wanadoo administrators
to being completely irresponsible, lacking in skills,
and very uncooperative.

Wanadoo is one of the number one sources of email
viruses and spam email, if not number one. Often
email coming from Wanadoo is criminal in nature,
such as the "Nigeria" scams.

Wanadoo is a favorite server for script kiddies
knowing Wanadoo administrators do not care what
their customers do and knowing Wanadoo administrators
take no actions when problems are brought to their
attention. Wanadoo is nothing but bad news for all.

Purl Gurl

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Aldo Larrabiata" <zzz@zorglub.net> wrote in message
| I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet
page.
| On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as soon as I
| click on the assistance link.
|
| On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
| banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement. The ZA
| logs don't give any clue.
| This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I
can't
| send the e-mail.
| I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar
doesn't
| changes whatever the page is.
| In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as paste
| operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
| Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated are
| fully validated (all options).
|
| Dumping the source gives the following:
|
| =====================================================================
| <!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
| <script language='javascript'
| src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>
|
| <TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
| <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
| </HEAD>
| <FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
| <FRAME NAME="w_wg"

SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/wanad
| oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
| FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
| <FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
| marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
| </FRAMESET>
| <NOFRAMES>
| <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
| </BODY>
| </NOFRAMES>
| </HTML>
|
| <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
| <script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>
|
| =====================================================================
|
| Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
| If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail ?
| TIA

When you get this java message, close the browser, open ZA and activate
'privacy adviser' from cookies control part. Then open the browser again and
when privacy adviser pops, click on details, that'll point you to the
program that's causing this. Open the options of that program, restore
defaults and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then
select options one by one and see which one is problematic. It'll take
several tries but eventually the problem will be resolved. I hope this
helps.

I receive five to twenty spams containing .pif, .exe, .scr and fake txt, zip
or gif files everyday from Wanadoo. My address as well as my wife's one were
kept inside the family circle and close friends. Not used in anycase on
newsgroups or Internet sites. Free mail addresses are used instead. Most of
the nasty mails have Wanadoo headers such as "your invoice", "wanadoo
customer service" ! Dumping the headers shows that the origin is very often
Wanadoo Caen.

I sent several abuses, things went decreasing up to two weeks ago and
increased again. I decided to temporarily change my mail address to cool the
game. Unfortunately as I said in another message, there's a technical
problem on their site avoiding __any__ operation. Things are like if wanadoo
would have cut all the communication links with their customers.

At 20 Euros the phone call every time I call Wanadoo, it's more interresting
for them than my subscription. Moreover the issue is unavoidably "your have
a shitty firewall" subscribe to ours. Same for the antivirus and the mail
attachment filtering. This is more or less 4 or 5 Euros more to pay to
wanadoo every month ! Search for who is advantaged !

I'm feeling a bit out of topic. Apologies I'm finishing shortly !

I agree with you for IE & OE. I tried Netscape. I hate it. I tried
Incredimail. I don't like it. I know I should try other ones.
In fact what I like in OE is the ability to manage the mail data base
whatever the messages come, from the mail or from the newsgroups. I also
like the interface. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

"Purl Gurl" <purlgurl@purlgurl.net> a écrit dans le message news:
40ADFA62.29771D8E@purlgurl.net...
> Aldo Larrabiata wrote: