ZA configutarion & javascript

I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet page.
On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as soon as I
click on the assistance link.

On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement. The ZA
logs don't give any clue.
This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I can't
send the e-mail.
I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar doesn't
changes whatever the page is.
In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as paste
operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated are
fully validated (all options).

Dumping the source gives the following:

<!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
<script language='javascript'
src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>

<TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="w_wg"
SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/wanad
oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
<FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

<!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
<script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail ?
TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about configutarion javascript

    "Aldo Larrabiata" <zzz@zorglub.net> wrote in

    > I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet
    > page. On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as
    > soon as I click on the assistance link.
    >
    > On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
    > banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement.
    > The ZA logs don't give any clue.
    > This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I
    > can't send the e-mail.
    > I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar
    > doesn't changes whatever the page is.
    > In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as
    > paste operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
    > Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated
    > are fully validated (all options).
    >
    > Dumping the source gives the following:

    > <!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
    > <script language='javascript'
    > src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>
    >
    > <TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
    > charset=iso-8859-1">
    > </HEAD>
    > <FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
    > <FRAME NAME="w_wg"
    > SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/
    > wanad oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0"
    > MARGINHEIGHT="0" FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
    > <FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
    > marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    > </FRAMESET>
    > <NOFRAMES>
    > <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
    > </BODY>
    > </NOFRAMES>
    > </HTML>
    >
    > <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
    > <script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

    > Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
    > If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail
    > ? TIA

    This is just a general comment. It is unbelievable that ZA or any PFW
    solution is jacking around with browser scripting, leading to complete
    end-user confusion like this. The FW solution has no business doing it -
    none, IMHO.

    Duane :)

    Aldo Larrabiata wrote:

    (snipped)

    > On IE5.5

    > On the top of the Wanadoo page

    Others here have provided you with excellent
    advice which you should sincerely consider.

    My comments are you should never use Microsoft
    Internet Explorer, regardless of which version,
    regardless of how many patches you apply.

    MSIE is an extremely high security risk no matter
    how you configure that browser. MSIE does not comply
    with any internet protocols. MSIE will frequently
    return a "page cannot viewed" error when the page
    is actually there and viewable. MSIE disallows
    you to view ten to twenty percent of internet pages
    and crashes about as often as you change underwear.

    Wanadoo, this is one of the most disliked servers.
    Most administrators, self included, blanket block
    all access by Wanadoo, especially email coming
    out of Wanadoo. I have worked with administrators
    at that server, trying to stop problems coming
    from their server, and found Wanadoo administrators
    to being completely irresponsible, lacking in skills,
    and very uncooperative.

    Wanadoo is one of the number one sources of email
    viruses and spam email, if not number one. Often
    email coming from Wanadoo is criminal in nature,
    such as the "Nigeria" scams.

    Wanadoo is a favorite server for script kiddies
    knowing Wanadoo administrators do not care what
    their customers do and knowing Wanadoo administrators
    take no actions when problems are brought to their
    attention. Wanadoo is nothing but bad news for all.

    Purl Gurl

    "Aldo Larrabiata" <zzz@zorglub.net> wrote in message
    | I'm having probs contacting my ADSL provider by mail from its internet
    page.
    | On IE5.5, the globe in the upper right corner keeps revving as soon as I
    | click on the assistance link.
    |
    | On the top of the Wanadoo page (which nevertheless appears), there's a
    | banner with an "i" and "deleted action". Probably an advertisement. The ZA
    | logs don't give any clue.
    | This doesn't prevent me to access the following pages but at the end I
    can't
    | send the e-mail.
    | I suspect the pages aren't completely loaded. The address in the bar
    doesn't
    | changes whatever the page is.
    | In IE, java is high security, active scripting is allowed as well as paste
    | operations via the script, javascript applets are enabled.
    | Cookies are manages by cookie pal and wanadoo's one (and associated are
    | fully validated (all options).
    |
    | Dumping the source gives the following:
    |
    | =====================================================================
    | <!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
    | <script language='javascript'
    | src='http://127.0.0.1:1025/js.cgi?paw&r=12287'></script>
    |
    | <TITLE>Wanadoo</TITLE>
    | <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    | </HEAD>
    | <FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
    | <FRAME NAME="w_wg"

    SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/wanad
    | oo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
    | FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
    | <FRAME NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
    | marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    | </FRAMESET>
    | <NOFRAMES>
    | <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
    | </BODY>
    | </NOFRAMES>
    | </HTML>
    |
    | <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
    | <script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>
    |
    | =====================================================================
    |
    | Wrt the 2nd line, does this mean that I should open port # 1025 ?
    | If not, what shall I do to pass completely tha pages and sent the mail ?
    | TIA

    When you get this java message, close the browser, open ZA and activate
    'privacy adviser' from cookies control part. Then open the browser again and
    when privacy adviser pops, click on details, that'll point you to the
    program that's causing this. Open the options of that program, restore
    defaults and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then
    select options one by one and see which one is problematic. It'll take
    several tries but eventually the problem will be resolved. I hope this
    helps.

    I receive five to twenty spams containing .pif, .exe, .scr and fake txt, zip
    or gif files everyday from Wanadoo. My address as well as my wife's one were
    kept inside the family circle and close friends. Not used in anycase on
    newsgroups or Internet sites. Free mail addresses are used instead. Most of
    the nasty mails have Wanadoo headers such as "your invoice", "wanadoo
    customer service" ! Dumping the headers shows that the origin is very often
    Wanadoo Caen.

    I sent several abuses, things went decreasing up to two weeks ago and
    increased again. I decided to temporarily change my mail address to cool the
    game. Unfortunately as I said in another message, there's a technical
    problem on their site avoiding __any__ operation. Things are like if wanadoo
    would have cut all the communication links with their customers.

    At 20 Euros the phone call every time I call Wanadoo, it's more interresting
    for them than my subscription. Moreover the issue is unavoidably "your have
    a shitty firewall" subscribe to ours. Same for the antivirus and the mail
    attachment filtering. This is more or less 4 or 5 Euros more to pay to
    wanadoo every month ! Search for who is advantaged !

    I'm feeling a bit out of topic. Apologies I'm finishing shortly !

    I agree with you for IE & OE. I tried Netscape. I hate it. I tried
    Incredimail. I don't like it. I know I should try other ones.
    In fact what I like in OE is the ability to manage the mail data base
    whatever the messages come, from the mail or from the newsgroups. I also
    like the interface. Your suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks

    "Purl Gurl" <purlgurl@purlgurl.net> a écrit dans le message news:
    40ADFA62.29771D8E@purlgurl.net...
    > Aldo Larrabiata wrote: