FSX Still lagging

Ok so i have my system that lags FSX ... i am trying to run the pmdg and flight beam kphx (ngx) for the pmdg, and i lag so badly its making me wanna go back to fs2004 but i love the wing flex and the more realism it looks compare to FS2004 , So what can be causing the lag i have used venotube , used the inspector... idk what else can be the problem...

I have

CPU:amd phenom quad core 9650

Video Card: EVGA 670 FTW

HDD: 2TB

Windows 7

6GBS of ram DDR2

Motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3A78EM/
8 answers Last reply
More about lagging
  1. It's a notoriously CPU-bound game. That graphics card will be excellent for most other games, but Flight Simulator really needs a powerful CPU for the best results. Your best bet is to get a Z77 motherboard with DDR3 memory and a Core i5 processor (doesn't really matter which if you're not overclocking, 2500K or 3570K if you are).
  2. Im more of an amd person and im looking at getting the 8120 or 8150 i believe came out and also the 8350 , but idk whats a good mobo for those cpus and fsx... another thing is i will be using it for other games ... but mainly fsx

Other games like 2k13 fifa 13 la noir battlefield 3 AC3 Batman AC
  3. Games that aren't 100% GPU-bound will run significantly better on the i5 (you're looking at 20% faster at 1080p for the same price), but if you're sticking with AMD, the really important thing is to steer clear of the FX8100 models (and FX6100/FX4100). You want an FX8320 or FX8350 - those are the models using the improved architecture (Piledriver, some people refer to it as 'PD') and they're a lot more capable. If I was buying an AMD setup, I'd take a Piledriver 6-core over a Bulldozer 8-core any day.
  4. Definitely. I've not seen the FX8320 benchmarked against the FX8350 but there's not gonna be a lot of difference. It'll still be a better option than the Bulldozer model.
  5. What type of board what u recommend then the saber tooth or something less
  6. Sorry mate - I don't know about AMD boards because I'd only consider/recommend Intel stuff at the moment. I think AMD's next range might be well-worth considering, but since I wouldn't recommend their current lineup over Intel, I've not bothered looking at the boards out there. Only general advice I can give is make sure you've got support for SATA 3, USB 3, PCI-E 3, all that new good stuff :-) And make sure it's suitable for SLI/Crossfire if that's something you're planning - you'll want at least two non-graphics slots between the PCI-E x16 slots your cards would be going into.
  7. i have the same issue n i am thinking in going back to fs9 i love fsx looks better than fs9 but when i add mega sceneries like manhattan x with rex plus gex plus pmdg aircraft i lonly get about 14fps most of the times under 10fps n i have my cpu running at 4.2ghz here are my specs:

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX AM3+ Motherboard, AMD FX-8120 X8 3100MHZ 16MB 125W AM3+, Sony Optiarc 24X DVDRW SATA OEM, WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-6G, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz 2x4, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Full Tower Gaming Case, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0, Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler for i5, i7, 775 and AMD, COOLMAX ZP-750B APFC/V2.3/EPS12V/V2.92 80+ BRONZE
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Lag Video Games Product