Anyone using a Spire Falcon Rock II cooler?

sgar72

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2002
Hi
I am planning to buy a new HS, since the retail one suxx big time.
I have come accross this Spire Falcon Rock II that is both very cheap and can take up to 3200+. Is anyone using this HS, if so, what do you guys think of it? I have a AIUHB 2100+ that i would really like to start doing some overclocking with.

Many thanks in advance

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
It's a pretty good aluminum heatsink for stock speeds, but it might not let you do some serious overclocking.

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...

svol

Champion
Well I think it is a little to weak for such a high OC. It is great for stock and small OC'ing... but from XP2100+ to XP3200+.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
People on the australian overclockers forum seem to like it alot.
Rate it above the volcano 7 or 9... around the level of a volcano 7+ on low to medium.

For stock to low overclocking the default fan will suffice, but for more you may want to consider a migher powered fan. A common fan is the TT smartfan2 with thermal control.

Extreeme overclocks you really should be a serious cooler though. i.e. MCX-462, SLK800, volcano7+ etc

<b>My PC is so powerful it developed AI and enslaved me in a make believe virtual world... called Freelancer</b> :lol:
<A HREF="http://www.picturetrail.com/master_poobaa" target="_new">PooBaa's Pics!</A>