GoToMyPC and firewall

Last response: in Networking
May 21, 2004 10:49:10 PM

I have a SonicWall TZ170 installed at a client who is also running GoToMyPC
client on the server. The Sonicwall content filter is constantly detecting
a connection from the server to an IP address, which when I trace it ends up
being one of GoToMyPC's servers, I believe. Is this normal? Is this the
way the service recognizes that the server is online? Or is there something
I should be worried about?

Thanks in advance.

More about : gotomypc firewall

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 3:30:36 AM

"Rolando" <aokword2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a SonicWall TZ170 installed at a client who is also running
GoToMyPC
> client on the server. The Sonicwall content filter is constantly
detecting
> a connection from the server to an IP address, which when I trace it ends
up
> being one of GoToMyPC's servers, I believe. Is this normal? Is this the
> way the service recognizes that the server is online? Or is there
something
> I should be worried about?
>
> Thanks in advance.

That is normal, that is how gotomypc typically traverses firewalls.
!