GoToMyPC and firewall

I have a SonicWall TZ170 installed at a client who is also running GoToMyPC
client on the server. The Sonicwall content filter is constantly detecting
a connection from the server to an IP address, which when I trace it ends up
being one of GoToMyPC's servers, I believe. Is this normal? Is this the
way the service recognizes that the server is online? Or is there something
I should be worried about?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about gotomypc firewall

    "Rolando" <aokword2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a SonicWall TZ170 installed at a client who is also running
    GoToMyPC
    > client on the server. The Sonicwall content filter is constantly
    detecting
    > a connection from the server to an IP address, which when I trace it ends
    up
    > being one of GoToMyPC's servers, I believe. Is this normal? Is this the
    > way the service recognizes that the server is online? Or is there
    something
    > I should be worried about?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    That is normal, that is how gotomypc typically traverses firewalls.

Firewalls Servers Networking