Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
My PC Rig -
Core2Duo 2.40 GHz Processor
2GB RAM
250 GB HDD (I know it sucks lol)
1GB ATI Radeon HD 5670 GFX Card
Win7 32 Bit

I 'm looking for ways to optimize my rig for gaming by tweaking it.I know there are have been threads like this,but some are old while others don't help me out in any way.So please help me out here.
ATM i know of the following methods (though i'm not sure if they work)
Using GameBooster
Turning off Windows Aero and additional effects
Defragging
Disk cleanup and getting rid of trash
CCleaner
Overclocking
Add/Remove programs
Registry Cleaner+Startup cleaner
Updating GFX Driver
Unparking cores

So i am fairly aware about optimizing in general.So,can anyone please tell me some of their tips and tricks to optimize a rig for smoother gameplay and to make better gaming rigs,other than OCing or buying new hardware?Please help me out over here guys !

Arkryne

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Since you are the successful troll yes,but i could do with minor tweaks too ,not only big things.BTW i could do with some tweaks for fast overall speed too (including non-gaming time too)

try win 7 manager it will give some more tweeking options such as disabling un needed services and the likes... but really your already doing as much as you can..
the only other thing that would help is upping your memory to 4+gigs of the same kind as you already have if you can (always match your ram for best results) and then your into upgrades.
core 2 is old for gaming in general. a basic quad would serve you much better and on the 775 socket there isnt a lot worth buying... a load picked up a q6600 the other day on ebay for 50 quid and thats about as much as i would recomend you spend on a 775 setup.
you could of course jump to 1155 and 4-8 gigs of ram. then the world is your oyster as any upgrade after that is a bonus...